News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Quote from: GL700Wing on June 17, 2018, 12:41:30 AM
Also having issues with Facebook videos not displaying as expected:
https://www.facebook.com/LandCruiserBJ40/videos/1987538011506911/
https://www.facebook.com/LandCruiserBJ40/videos/vb.1555137068080343/1987538011506911/
Those work on my test forum make sure you have the newest version and all facebook settings checked
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

njtweb

Does it do anything weird on your test forum? I got it working by checking ALL embed options. But when I embed a FB video all of my test I type in the post disappears.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DarkAngel612

mine did that a couple of versions ago and then it behaved. I think I had to uninstall it, remove it from the list, then upload a fresh zip then reinstall it.
Then it worked. My forum I tried your links in worked with the only thing being a slight delay in showing the video. I did this

[center]https://www.facebook.com/LandCruiserBJ40/videos/1987538011506911/[/center]

This is a test of this vid from FB.

It did the delay in popping in the video and text with and without the center tags.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Chen Zhen

Facebook links work for me as well but not google maps.
At least not with the example link that vbgamer posted.
Also I had to enable all the facebook checkboxes before it worked.. I do not know which specific one it was that worked for that.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

GL700Wing

Quote from: njtweb on June 24, 2018, 12:06:20 PM
Wrap the google map in admin HTML bbcode tags.
That only works for Admins - I want other users to be able to embed Google maps.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

GL700Wing

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 24, 2018, 12:11:35 PM
Quote from: GL700Wing on June 17, 2018, 12:41:30 AM
Also having issues with Facebook videos not displaying as expected:
https://www.facebook.com/LandCruiserBJ40/videos/1987538011506911/
https://www.facebook.com/LandCruiserBJ40/videos/vb.1555137068080343/1987538011506911/
Those work on my test forum make sure you have the newest version and all facebook settings checked

I have the latest version (ie, 4.5) installed on a brand new SMF 2.0.15 forum with no other mods installed.  You can see what does and doesn't happen here.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

njtweb

Quote from: GL700Wing on June 25, 2018, 12:43:23 AM
Quote from: njtweb on June 24, 2018, 12:06:20 PM
Wrap the google map in admin HTML bbcode tags.
That only works for Admins - I want other users to be able to embed Google maps.

Understood.

As far as the latest issue with Facebook videos. I can't use the autoembed feature. Won't work for me, it makes all of the rest of my post text disappear. Instead, I'm using the FB video embed code with the HTML bbcode. That works.

mayheptad

hello
i installed this mod about two weeks ago
but even while writing post i couldn't see any botton to add or embedd video
so after modifying my studio template for ad management mode to work
i decided to remove the  Simple Audio Video Embedder mod
and i click on unistall then i was asked if itruly want to uninstall this mod even though it will not be uninstall succesfully
  that querystring.php blablala error.
i proced with the uninstallation
and after i uninstalled it
my website stop working
i started getting this error

This page isn't working
www.insightpith.com.ng is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

please what should i do

vbgamer45

Restore from backup. Under packages/backups folder before the uinstall.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mayheptad

you mean my website backup from cpanel ??
and what if i dont have any backup ??

njtweb

Quote from: mayheptad on June 25, 2018, 09:09:18 PM
hello
i installed this mod about two weeks ago
but even while writing post i couldn't see any botton to add or embedd video
so after modifying my studio template for ad management mode to work
i decided to remove the  Simple Audio Video Embedder mod
and i click on unistall then i was asked if itruly want to uninstall this mod even though it will not be uninstall succesfully
  that querystring.php blablala error.
i proced with the uninstallation
and after i uninstalled it
my website stop working
i started getting this error

This page isn't working
www.insightpith.com.ng is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

please what should i do

For future reference, whenever you get an uninstall warning with the blah blah message it's in your best interest to read the blah blah and do what it suggests or don't uninstall. Blah blah is why our site doesn't work.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: njtweb on June 26, 2018, 10:05:10 AM
For future reference, whenever you get an uninstall warning with the blah blah message it's in your best interest to read the blah blah and do what it suggests or don't uninstall. Blah blah is why our site doesn't work.
Quoted for epic truth. :P
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

njtweb

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 26, 2018, 10:42:20 AM
For future reference, whenever you get an uninstall warning with the blah blah message it's in your best interest to read the blah blah and do what it suggests or don't uninstall. Blah blah is why your site doesn't work.

Meant to say "your" (thats why I added it to the quote) :) to him/her in my reply but apparently I forgot a "Y". I learned the that you don't disobey the warning notification the hard way myself.

GigaWatt

One of the best Layman's terms posts I've read :D ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: njtweb on June 26, 2018, 04:44:38 PM
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 26, 2018, 10:42:20 AM
For future reference, whenever you get an uninstall warning with the blah blah message it's in your best interest to read the blah blah and do what it suggests or don't uninstall. Blah blah is why your site doesn't work.

Meant to say "your" (thats why I added it to the quote) :) to him/her in my reply but apparently I forgot a "Y". I learned the that you don't disobey the warning notification the hard way myself.
Yeah, but still - that is basically what it all comes down to. The "blah blah" is the actual issue, and the bit of info we would all be curious about. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: