News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

That looks like mod_security. Try uploading the zip as-is to the Packages/ folder manually and then going to the Package Manager in the admin panel.

Middleeasternkeyboards

Quote from: Arantor on August 18, 2020, 02:18:43 PM
That looks like mod_security. Try uploading the zip as-is to the Packages/ folder manually and then going to the Package Manager in the admin panel.

Would this be the how to instruction?

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Packages_-_How_to_upload_packages_using_FTP

Out of curiosity, what is the Package manager for then?

Arantor

The Package Manager would still be needed to actually install the changes, do the various find/replaces needed to install this plugin. But since your host limits you from actually uploading a zip with the plugin in it (which is just the first step), you'll have to help it along.

Yes, that's the right page.

You should only need the earlier part:
QuoteUse your FTP client to navigate to your forum's Packages directory. Copy the desired directory or compressed package file from your desktop to the forum. Be sure to choose the appropriate settings for the transfer. To preserve non-ASCII files, you must choose the transfer type binary. Using the transfer type ascii will cause ftp to transfer your non-ascii files incorrectly.

Middleeasternkeyboards

I contacted OLI customer support. They did something on their end and I was able to install it. Thank you for your help.

Now that the mod is installed I can see YouTube links...that used to be just links in posts before, are actually embedded as a video. Cool! I don't see an Insert YouTube button, so I assume it's not needed because all you have to do is drop the link and it automatically gets embedded. That's really cool as well. Thank you for developing this mod.

vbgamer45

Yes, there is no button in the editor.
Just put a link a post for it to embed.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Sectomy

hi,
is it possible to add those Youtube mobile links: http://www.m.youtube.com/watch?v={ID}
to the list ? or any ideas how to add this, what i have to add, in which file :D

vbgamer45

It should be possible have to code it for it though otherwise you can edit the database to include.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

1.1Nerd

Hello, I have been using this mod with great joy on my old SMF 1.1.X board. Now it does unfortunately not do the job for me on my SMF 2.0.17 board.

I suspect a mod conflict ... could it be be conflicting with your Descriptive Links mod?

vbgamer45

It might Try uninstalling and see if it works or vice versa.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Sectomy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 19, 2020, 02:01:12 PM
It should be possible have to code it for it though otherwise you can edit the database to include.

where is this Database ? or is there any "SampleCode" ? :D

vbgamer45

It's it's own table.

But you can just look at the install.php script from the mod to see how entries are added.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

woolly bugger

Tiktok won't auto embed... 

5.1.3 installed...

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJDxJFrJ/

can't figure it out...

thanks

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jelle Mees

So 4 months ago I reported Twitch no longer working. I'm guessing the MOD is dead then since it's no longer getting fixes?

vbgamer45

No, I need example links that are not working.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

Update
!Fixed Twitch.tv embed code.
Note Twitch only works on SSL sites!
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

alexetgus

REGEX and IFRAME for codepen.io and ustream.tv

codepen.io :
https?://codepen.io/(.+)/pen/(.+)

<iframe width="800" height="450" src="https://codepen.io/$1/full/$2" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen title="CodePen.io"></iframe>

ustream.tv :
https?://ustream.tv/channel/([0-9]+)

<iframe width="800" height="450" src="https://ustream.tv/embed/$1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen title="UStream video"></iframe>

vbgamer45

Thanks will look into adding those.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

statusjpn

Hey guys, need some urgent help over here!

Was just doing some clean up on my site and i noticed that this mod was out of date and there was a version 5 available. So i uninstalled the version i had on my site (i believe it was version 3.x) - it threw up some errors but silly me still went ahead with the uninstallation.

Immediately after that the site went dead completely with a HTTP ERROR 500.

I tried using SMF's repair_settings.php but to no avail and there's no way i can get into the website or admin panel.

I know i should have checked the errors before uninstalling the mods.

Does anyone know what went wrong and how i might possibly fix this please?

The site is HERE - Thank you!

vbgamer45

Grab the latest file from packages/backups 
And use that to restore your forum to the previous state.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: