News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Vail

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 28, 2022, 02:57:13 PMThere was another mod that did that with attachments i think just media, can't remember the name of it though.

Edit: Found it https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4131

Thank you vbgamer. Unfortunately that mod doesn't render pdf post attachments and is not up to date. Thank you though!

On a side note, I had previously posted a review of your Simple Audio Video Embedder mod but when I looked at it today, it noticed it looked like a 5-year-old posted it. I guess 'S" key on my keyboard wasn't working when I typed it. I deleted it and tried to repost it but the SMF site won't let me post it again saying I need to download and install it first. I get this on all the mods I try to review and can't get past it. I assume it's a connection issue with my SMF sites to the SMF Mod site but have never been able to isolate the problem. Anyway, that's why my review is gone. Sorry. If I ever figure out how to fix the connection issue, I'll repost it.

Thanks again for this great mod!
Michael

vbgamer45

Yeah the play media attachments doesn't support it yet. I just merged that mod into the newest version of SAVE. So it maybe coming soon to support pdf.

Thanks for the report. I think that is a bug with the customize site, thought I saw it mentioned before as well.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

corumlu recep

timsah.com, mynet video, national geophraphic, dailymotion video ekleyebilirmisiniz.
Forum Sitesi
http://forumsarayi.0adz.com
http://forumsarayi.0adz.com/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss

forumsarayi.0adz.com
forumsarayi.0adz.com/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss

kitz

Hi, 

I noticed from within my forum admin panel that there was a new version of SAVE available.  I downloaded the linked to new version and uploaded using the Package Manager.  The update from 6.0.3  to v7 without any problem in Package Manager.

It was only later when I came to the SMF forum as I was going to check if there was any support for twitter, that I noticed in the thread above you posted

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 31, 2022, 12:37:27 AMRequires uninstall of old version of this mod S.A.V.E. then install the new version to take affect.

Because I'd directly updated from my admin panel, I can't recall seeing anywhere advising me that the old version of SAVE needed uninstalling before doing the update.  The update seemed to go ok, but I now notice it appears to have broken the "Auto Twitter Embed"  mod that I also had installed. :(

If I try and uninstall v7 now I get a long list of errors and warnings (appx 30) saying test failed.

This is the first error

Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test failed
        1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

An image copy of the find is attached below,
Yet if I manually look at Modifications.english.php I see this

// Begin Auto Embed Media Pro Text Strings
$txt['mediapro_admin'] = 'Simple Audio Video Embedder';
$txt['mediapro_settings'] = 'Settings';
$txt['mediapro_save_settings'] = 'Save Settings';
$txt['mediapro_err_cache'] = 'Cache folder not writable must fix for performance!';
$txt['mediapro_settings2'] = 'Settings and configuration for Simple Audio Video Embedder';
$txt['mediapro_copyremove'] = 'Copyright Removal';
$txt['mediapro_copyremove2'] = 'Remove the copyright for Simple Audio Video Embedder';
// END Auto Embed Media Pro  Text Strings           

// Begin Auto Embed Twitter Strings
$txt['autotwitter_tweeterror'] = 'Tweet error (does not exist)';
$txt['autotwitter_blankid'] = 'Tweet error (blank ID)';
// END Auto Embed Twitter Strings           

// Begin Block Proxy VPN On Registration Text Strings
$txt['blockvbn_signuperror'] = 'You can not signup for this forum using a proxy or a vpn service. Please disable then try to register again';
// END Block Proxy VPN On Registration Text Strings           

?>

I'm not confident manually editing anything, its not something I usually do.  I'm not even sure what the first error is trying to say - add what before what?

I've not done anything yet nor tried to do anything with AutoTwitterEmbed.

vbgamer45

Any mod with just /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php failure is safe to ignore on uninstall

In your case the failures are occurring since you installed the upgrade which add new code edits in a few files. Which results when trying to uninstall not finding those code changes. Upgrades in my mods only handle database changes, new files. but not file edits.

Ways to fix:  Uninstall the original mod version. Which is easier said than done if you have applied many mods afterwords as mods to uninstall may need to be uninstalling in order of last installed.

Or the second option manually remove the code the mod added to the files by reversing the file edits.

The current major update only matters if you want to play media attachments in messages.

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

jsx

@vbgamer45

I want to uninstall Simple Audio Video Embedder 6.0.6 to install the latest version and I get this error while uninstalling:

./Sources/Admin.php Test failed

Code: (Find)

'mediapro' => array(
            'title' => $txt['mediapro_admin'],
            'permission' => array('admin_forum'),
            'areas' => array(
                'mediapro' => array(
                    'label' => $txt['mediapro_settings'],
                    'file' => 'AutoEmbedMediaPro2.php',
                    'function' => 'MediaProMain',
                    'custom_url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=mediapro;sa=settings;sesc=' . $sc,
                    'icon' => 'server.gif',
                    'permission' => array('admin_forum'),
                    'subsections' => array(
                        'settings' => array($txt['mediapro_settings']),
                        'copyright' => array($txt['mediapro_copyremove']),
                    ),
                ),

),
        ),

'layout' => array(
            'title' => $txt['layout_controls'],

Code: (Replace

'layout' => array(
            'title' => $txt['layout_controls'],

Can I just uninstall this mod and install a new one?

vbgamer45

Yes should be ok in that case.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

jsx

I successfully uninstalled and installed a new version. But I don't know why two videos from facebook are not displayed in the post, only one video is displayed. The link to the second video that doesn't display is correct, the video is public. The link looks like this.

https://www.facebook.com/000000000000/videos/000000000000/
If I add link in a separate post, the video will be displayed.

Speed King

PDF files with non-secure connection (http) are not embedded. Is that normal behavior?

AllMassive

please add soundcloud/mixcloud support

AllMassive

Quote from: Speed King on July 15, 2022, 12:04:58 AMPDF files with non-secure connection (http) are not embedded. Is that normal behavior?
maybe your XSS-Settings wont allow to embed 'non-secure' urls?!

ForumSever

Hello, I love using the mod, but videos on mobile devices overflow from the page. What can I do. Thank you.

You cannot view this attachment.

Speed King

You can disable embedding in mobile devices.
Open admin settings for Simple Audio Video Embedder and check option "Disable embedding in mobile devices"

ForumSever

Thank you for the answer. I want the video to appear on mobile devices. I don't want it converted to link.

@rjen

The you will need to change the size of embedded videos to a size that fits the smallest screens. Iframes do not plat nice with max width css
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

ForumSever

I tried to set the max-width with css but I guess I couldn't. It would be great if I could adjust the width in videos as well as in photos.

@rjen

Go to the settings for Simple Audio Video Embedder and change the max width and height for embedded videos
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Julius_2000

Hi all. Is there an issue with Soundcloud links? I've checked all the code lines in the respective files this mod adds and looks the way it should. But Soundcloud links won't get embedded. Other type like YT or Vimeo do, though.

We have the latest version 7.0 installed and Soundcloud enabled.

vbgamer45

Soundcloud required a certain format. Have to see if I can make it better. There is also another soundcloud embed mod out there too.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: