News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

YAGAM Problem

Started by Zidane5555, August 10, 2010, 11:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zidane5555

Alright so I downloaded the YAGAM mod. Uploaded to my forum and installed successfully.

However, when I go to the admin panel to its settings panel and where to add new announcements, I get this message

"An Error Has Occurred!
You do not have permission to access this announcement"

Even though I quadruple checked that the box is checked in the permissions. I tried asking in its official support thread on the official SMF forums but the thread is closed and anyone seeking support is forwarded to the creators official website. So I then posted in the creators website in the mods support thread but still no answer so I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

I dont know whether its a theme thing or just a mod bug or error.

Thanks in advance ! 

Zidane5555

Forgot to add some forum specifics:

Version: SMF 2.0 RC3
Theme: Inferno (By Dzinerstudio)

I have about 16 Mods installed so if anyone wants' to know what they are, let me know.

Again thanks in advance to anyone who can help out :)

CapadY

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Zidane5555

Quote from: capady on August 10, 2010, 12:30:10 PM
Support for this MOD can be find here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=292270.0

Like I said, the thread is closed. It states on the last post that all support is now only at SMFPacks.com

I've tried there many times but no one answers me which is why I posted here. Your clearly misread my opening post.  :(

Kill Em All

Please do not bump your topics less than 24 hours old. We are all volunteers here.

Have you tried searching the support topic?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Zidane5555

Quote from: Kill Em All on August 11, 2010, 01:22:24 AM
Please do not bump your topics less than 24 hours old. We are all volunteers here.

Have you tried searching the support topic?

I've already mentioned twice in this thread: THE SUPPORT TOPIC IS CLOSED.

So I do not know where else to ask other than here. I've also tried asking in the creators website but no support there as well.

Kill Em All

And if you would actually read what I'm typing, you wouldn't be repeating yourself again.

Try SEARCHING the support topic to see if anyone had the same problem as you. Just because it is locked does not mean that it is useless. Sometimes you might actually have to read some stuff, god forbid I know.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Zidane5555

Quote from: Kill Em All on August 11, 2010, 07:27:46 PM
And if you would actually read what I'm typing, you wouldn't be repeating yourself again.

Try SEARCHING the support topic to see if anyone had the same problem as you. Just because it is locked does not mean that it is useless. Sometimes you might actually have to read some stuff, god forbid I know.

Believe me I read it correctly. My apology if I am being rude. I know that you guys are volunteers so my apology if im bothering you.

I did search the locked thread about 354 million times and no one seemed to have the same error as me. However someone else did have the same error as me in the owners website @ smfpacks.com

I did post in the support thread there but no reply and also I did PM the person who did have the same problem as me but no response. So im left with one option and that is to ask you experts here in this Smf 2.0 support section.

So any help is greatly appreciated ! :)

Kill Em All

Try making sure that all the proper mod edits were made in the correct files. You can find the parse info here:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1617;attach=140700;smf_version=2.0_RC3

Zidane5555

Quote from: Kill Em All on August 12, 2010, 01:51:25 AM
Try making sure that all the proper mod edits were made in the correct files. You can find the parse info here:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1617;attach=140700;smf_version=2.0_RC3

Thanks Kill Em all

I did go step by step to make sure all the edits are there and all of them were there except the edits for:

./index.php

./ssi_examples.shtml

./Sources/ManagePermissions.php

When it says "Find "bla bla bla" I cannot even find the "bla bla bla" and I did use "ctrl +F"

So maybe somewhere in there is whats causing the problem ?.

Any help anyone?

Kill Em All

Try just searching for part of of the code that it tells you to find.

Zidane5555

So after doing what you said, I ended up finding the code edits in 2 of those files and made sure their there and correct.

But I still can't seem to find the edits in: ./ssi_examples.shtml

The error that I get is:

""An Error Has Occurred!
You do not have permission to access this announcement"

and so even if the code edit is not in ./ssi_examples.shtml I doubt it would cause the error. I dunno, im a noob at this stuff afterall...

So can anyone help me  :-\ Or can a mod open up a new thread support thread for the YAGAM

Kill Em All

Just to be sure, you are the full admin right, your profile id is 1, correct?

Zidane5555

I am not the owner or the first admin. I am second Admin. However I do have all the permissions possible

Kill Em All

Can you ask the owner to try and access it to see if possibly they get the error. I'm hoping this isn't a glitch.

Zidane5555

I did try to contact the owner on his own website but he would not offer me any help. He said that he only offers help for his paid or premium users or something like that.

So yeah... :/

Kill Em All, your a mod arent you ? If so then why don't you start a new support thread in the Modifications support board. I am sure there are many experts in there that can help me out. Besides it would stop me from bugging you guys here in this board. I am sure there are more people than just me who may need support for this mod.

Kill Em All

I meant the owner of your forum. The main admin.

Quote from: Zidane5555 on August 16, 2010, 03:16:51 PM
Kill Em All, your a mod arent you ? If so then why don't you start a new support thread in the Modifications support board. I am sure there are many experts in there that can help me out. Besides it would stop me from bugging you guys here in this board. I am sure there are more people than just me who may need support for this mod.
It doesn't work like that unfortunately. Sorry.

Zidane5555

Just realized that I read your post completely wrong.

And yes our owner of the forum can access it without a problem and without getting that error.

So perhaps it has to do something with the permissions I assume.

Kill Em All

Possibly. Most likely a problem with the mod.

Zidane5555

Okay well at least I now know that announcements can be posted through the owners account so I will do that from now on. I can live with it.

Thanks for your help Kill Em All  :)

Topic marked as solved.

Advertisement: