News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

gCalSync

Started by kriation, August 10, 2010, 03:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slalani

QuoteIf you create an entry in the Google Calendar separately without SMF, do you want that entry to be populated in the SMF calendar?

I would like this as well. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

kriation

Not yet slalani. I've been swamped with work lately, and haven't had a chance to finish up the next version of gCalSync, but once I do, this feature will definitely be in there.

kriation

Hey Folks - I just finished v1.0.10. I've been absolutely swamped lately, but I finally put it together. The most significant feature is the ability to choose the Google Calendar you want to sync to. Other than that, there were some random tweaks, but nothing all that significant.

Once you upgrade to 1.0.10, make your way to the gCalSync settings page, and from there, just hit 'Save Settings' under where your credentials should already be filled in (from the previous installation). If everything works properly, you'll see a new drop-down box with the name of the calendars associated with that account. Pick the one you're looking to publish to, and click the 'Save Settings' box under the associated drop-down box.

Right now, only new calendar entries will be published to the selected calendar, but I'm trying to design a decent way to get the old entries ported over as well.

If you run into any issues, feel free to drop me a note here, by PM, or by e-mail.

Thanks for all your support so far!

Oya

might want to add to the readme that users using php 4 may not be able to use the mod unless youve modified zend framework to work properly on php 4

kriation

Quote from: Oya on September 28, 2010, 03:39:27 AM
might want to add to the readme that users using php 4 may not be able to use the mod unless youve modified zend framework to work properly on php 4

Will do.
Although hasn't PHP 4 been end of life'd?

Oya

sure it has

but there's still plenty of users and bad hosts using it - and smf still supports 4.x even in the current release candidates (and won't drop that until after 2.0 final)

KensonPlays

I agree with mrBigz.

But i use SMF 2.0 RC3.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

kriation

Hi Folks - I just noticed an issue where one of the language modifications wasn't being bundled with the rest of the gCalSync static fields on an upgrade from 1.0.9 to 1.0.10. In addition, if a '//' comment existed at the end of the language file, the newest addition was being commented out, and not showing up in the gCalSync Settings Modify page.

This upgrade moves 'gCalS5' back up with the rest of the static fields.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Kelmino

Quote from: Kcmartz on August 23, 2010, 04:09:49 PM
i use google calendar downloading to my site and ftping over to install!

one request for later on, allow 2-3 calendars? i have 4-5 total, 2-3 public.

I see you have an updated version.  Does this updated version allow the multiple calenders?

The ideal google calender mod that I would love to see would be the ability to add multiple calenders and have the ability to have certain calenders show to different forum member groups.  We're going to install this mod soon on our forums but was curious if it could do this.

kriation

Quote from: Kelmino on October 24, 2010, 09:58:32 AM

I see you have an updated version.  Does this updated version allow the multiple calenders?

The ideal google calender mod that I would love to see would be the ability to add multiple calenders and have the ability to have certain calenders show to different forum member groups.  We're going to install this mod soon on our forums but was curious if it could do this.

Hi Kelmino,
The mod in its current state can sync to one Google calendar for the site. The goal for this mod was to be able to provide the SMF calendar entries in a more standardized format, and the easiest medium I found for that was through Google Calendar. When an entry is created in the SMF calendar, it's synched in real-time to the Google Calendar that the administrator has selected.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you're requesting is customized SMF calendars for individual users. This mod doesn't modify the SMF calendar structure, and so that portion continues to work as it does out of the box.

kriation

Hey Folks,
I just posted an update to gCalSync. Version 1.0.10.2 support SMF 1.1.12 on an initial install. Those of you who already have it installed have no reason to upgrade.

I'm working on a larger update that I hope to have available in the next couple of weeks.

Sakae

Quote from: kriation on December 16, 2010, 12:58:03 PM
I'm working on a larger update that I hope to have available in the next couple of weeks.

For SMF 2, I hope?????????? :D
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

kriation

Quote from: Sakae on December 16, 2010, 03:01:39 PM
Quote from: kriation on December 16, 2010, 12:58:03 PM

For SMF 2, I hope?????????? :D

Yes. :) I've finally started porting the code to SMF 2...

kriation

Hey Folks,

Here's the last major update to gCalSync supporting SMF 1.x.

From hear on out, I'll be working on finishing the port for SMF 2.x, and will support it exclusively once it's out. However, if you detect any bugs in the 1.x code (at any time), let me know and I'll release a fix.

Major changes in this version are:
Upgrade Zend to 1.11.1
Logging/Error handling improvements to gCalSync.php
Added static text fields for logging to language files

doughboy99

Great to hear that you'll be supporting SMF2!

exteeyou

OMG I cant wait! :)

Any idea on when the first SMF2 release is? Would you like a beta tester? I run a pretty large community

A feature I would like to request is the ability to add more than one google calendar to gCalSync

Sardonick

Just found this mod and I want to add my support for 2x as well. It would be very  useful and hopefully the project lives on!

vwpowergtsr

I just installed the last version.
But on my default template and custom template shows me an error when I clic on CALENDAR 

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare managecalendar() (previously declared in /home/wwwy/public_html/Sources/ManageCalendar.php:30) in /home/wwwbicy/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1758) : eval()'d code on line 87

pftq

Hey kriation,

Not sure if this is just a fluke with my install but I can replicate it each time I reinstall the mod.  Basically it looks like when you uninstall gCalSync, the changes are not entirely removed from Themes/default/ManageCalendar.template.php.  The very end of the file still contains modified code.

When reinstalling the mod, duplicate code as added to the bottom of the file and causes a function redeclared error when going to Admin > Calendar.

kriation

Quote from: vwpowergtsr on January 06, 2011, 09:48:18 AM
I just installed the last version.
But on my default template and custom template shows me an error when I clic on CALENDAR 

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare managecalendar() (previously declared in /home/wwwy/public_html/Sources/ManageCalendar.php:30) in /home/wwwbicy/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1758) : eval()'d code on line 87

Hi VW,

If you can send/post your ManageCalendar.php, I can take a look.

Advertisement: