Automated Article Adder For Your Forum

Started by arty5, August 01, 2010, 09:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arty5

I wondering if their is a mod or something that will add articles from other website as new topics for my forum like a site crawler/bot that as soon as a new article such as news hits the net it will be automatically be posted on my forum ?
My Facebook Id : 1245925771

Community Message Boards - Create a Free Sig Now

Community Message Boards - My Main Forum

arty5

Ah okay yea i got 1 of them installed but it seems to be doing nothing might go and review the settings

rd

Are you trying to steal content from other sites?

Good luck, Google loves duplicate content so that they can lower you serp standing.

arty5

Honestly lol you hit the nail on the head with that one  :D but after what you said thats properly not a good idea but i was want to also attach the mochi feed so it would also add all the new games into the arcade as well

rd

I have done something, that you have done and defended in number topics. I was straight forward, to the point, no nonsense.

No one likes copied conent, not Google, not users, not even teachers. Most sites have copyrighted content, such as articles, blog posts, etc. If you simply Feed them to your forum then what would be the point?

I know you run a big forum, would it be right if I created a new forum and plugged all of your boards to my boards? All new posts and topics would just appear in my forum... I would be getting content from expenses of you and your members.

I mean, it's safer to copy from big sites (they don't usually notice), but if they do or you are reported then your site will be offline.

I've seen people do these kinds if things in blogs, where they would copy others work and would then place ads all over the place just to make some bucks.

arty5

Nah i diddnt take offence to your comment i was looking to add free news feeds to post up to date news as articles so all the latest news content would automatically added but from free site that let you use their rss feeds  :D I know copying articles and that will basically do nothing because some site have the same post so it pretty much useless aka my game site most of the games are used on hundrends of other site so they will not appear with my site in the top because their are so many competitors, but i just wanted to have the latest news not stealing anything too appear on my site as post automatically.

Ensiferous

Quote from: flapjack on August 01, 2010, 11:08:43 PM
Quote from: Royalduke on August 01, 2010, 10:34:34 PM
Are you trying to steal content from other sites?
do you really have to be that rude?

How on earth is this rude? I'd love to see you explain this one.

The idea here is good enough, so long as members comment or discuss on the news post Google should see that there is unique content on the page.
My Latest Blog Post: Debugging Nginx Errors

arty5

:D i got my first head line post from BBC and its basically a brief of it with a link to the full article and i did not find it rude myself  ;D

rd

If it's brief then you should be fine but never copy and paste full articles.

Good luck!

arty5

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Or you can always take news headlines to be discussed in your forum. Cut and paste it and discussed about it. Paste some of its contents (partially and relevant one) in its discussions.  ;D

arty5

Yea thats what the rss feeders is doing now sending headlines as topics with the link to the article as well it doesn't close my window so i'm fine with it, I am also trying something else i have hooked up a nuber of feeds to a board aka "Feeds" just to see if latest feeds attract views if it works it doesn't owell.

arty5

My automated system has made nearly 3,000 new post since i started it mostly news and sports news and direct rss to my gaming sites :D lol

arty5

Okay im turning all my automatic feeds off they are starting to get annoying and even thought having latest news come in on a regular basis i think it has scares the spiders off as i have seen them slowly veer away from my forum. So i would have to say i was getting around 150 - 200 headline post   for sports and news a day but it really did not benefit my forum at all. So i hope this little experiment i tried does not get tried by anyone else as its pretty much useless and actually scares away search engines.   ::) I am trying a new approach by adding some fun stuff that has already boosted my visits and a couple new members

I hope people learn from my mistakes  and thanx, Royalduke for your criticism

Dharshan

R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

Advertisement: