News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Something nice for ads...

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, August 11, 2010, 09:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I was looking into tracking ads, I found something that seems quiet useful, it can track ads like how many clicks on which ads and IP addresses of those who clicked, with integration those IP addresses could be come member names. Anyway the reason why this is most useful, it can block click fraud, (I dont know why, but sometimes people just go round clicking ads repeatedly, known as click bombs), anyway, this can target those and make their clicks useless, this your account not getting disabled, like my Adsense account was due to the same thing, I wish I had this then.

Any way a link to the page where the details are
http://ctracker.meta20.net/?lang=en

So Comments, Ideas how to integrate?

EDIT:

Integration so far seems simple.

The config.php you set your access password, and database connection settings, then paste some code in the head sections of every page, which is easy since index.template.php can do that for us :)

Can it be this simple?

Need testers.....

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

lastnico

This kind of tools is not longer needed, as Adsense is able to detect wrong clicks and click bombs attacks... at least if you didn't trigger it ;-) The bad clicks will be removed from your total count and your account should not be disabled.

Advertisement: