Forgot your password doesn't work

Started by Joazo, August 12, 2010, 01:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joazo

I just found out ports 25 and 587 are blocked by my ISP. Quess that was the problem?

xenovanis

Contact your host about the sendmail. I don't think there's very much we can do about it.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

CapadY

If you're host blocked the mailfunctionality I think it is time to have a look for another host :s
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Joazo

I just went to other SMF forum and i checked the forgot password function.
i got email from : [email protected]

I need setup a email with noreply or what?

xenovanis

No, but the webmasters email in Admin -> Configuration -> Server Settings should be a valid one. Can you check that?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Joazo

it's a vaild one.

That's how i configured my Mail Settings:
Enable Mail Queue - enabled
Maximum emails to send per minute - 0
Maximum amount of emails to send per page load - 0
Mail Type - SMTP
SMTP Server - smtp.live.com
SMTP Port - 25
SMTP Username - my hotmail username
SMTP Password -  my hotmail password

Is it right?
Anyway it doesn't work still. I don't have an idea what to do

xenovanis

I'm not sure. You might want to try port 587 then. You don't have another emailaccount to try?

Joazo

Port 587 doesn't work as well.

I will try other accounts and update here

Joazo

Other accounts dont work too. I tested many options and nothing seems to work. what to do?

also can some1 with SMF forum show me his mail settings?

Kill Em All

Your ISP(internet service provider) is blocking the ports, or your webhost is? If your webhost is, have you tried asking them to unblock them? If so and they refuse to unblock them, then I would suggest switching webhosts.

You can find webhost reviews here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=4.0

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Joazo

I have talked with the webhost and they told us that SMTP won't work but PHP will work.
We setted the mail settings under PHP Default.
The change now is we don't see errors about mail sending in the error log, But still the mail aren't sending.
The wierd thing is: when we configure the password in the mail settings, it doesn't save it. Maybe it's a bug of SMF 2.0 RC3.
So maybe because of this bug the mail sending doesn't work.

Kill Em All

What kind of email are you using with the PHP? Your @hotmail.com won't work, it has to be at yourdomain.com to work.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Joazo

xenovanis

Can't you use the mailaddress provided by your isp?

oOo--STAR--oOo

Do you not have webmail with your host??
This is the email address you should be using
EG [email protected]
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Joazo

We used till now only hotmail.com and live.com and both of them dont work.
Our webhost didn't provide us a mail.
That is the reason why the mail system didn't work?

Kill Em All

Yep, with those type, you have to use SMTP settings. If your host provides you one, then you should be able to just use PHP.

Advertisement: