News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Database Option

Started by Sahil_kr, August 14, 2010, 09:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sahil_kr

When installing smf,why installer asks for database queries?What is the utilization of this option?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Could you please make a screen shot of the part of the installer your referring to?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Sahil_kr

Your title is SMF hero,then you may know that in beginning,smf asks for database configs?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Well, yes, but your post it not very detailed, I cant read your mind lol..

If your talking about the part where it asks for the connection settings, that's because it needs to access sql to use it lol

The utilization, Are you asking why its asking for those details or are you asking why use sql anyway?

SMF 2.0 RC5

CapadY

I've never seen an installer that was asking for queries :s
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I'm still trying to figure out what the OP is asking lol

SMF 2.0 RC5

CapadY

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 14, 2010, 02:14:56 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what the OP is asking lol

You are an SMF HERO, so, you should know :P
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

If SMF Hero = Mind Reader, then yes :P lol

SMF 2.0 RC5

Kill Em All

Sahil_kr, do you need any further assistance with this? What I think you mean is just database information such as user, name, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Sahil_kr

Quote from: capady on August 14, 2010, 02:13:55 PM
I've never seen an installer that was asking for queries :s
Do u have SMF forum,When u upload files,you just click and your Forum is installed?Don't it asks for Sql user name&Password,Admin use name and password.

xenovanis

It needs the info for the database so it can store the data from the forum, like members, posts and settings in it.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Sahil_kr

Quote from: xenovanis on September 03, 2010, 07:20:51 AM
It needs the info for the database so it can store the data from the forum, like members, posts and settings in it.
It needs the Info,That's what i am trying to explain,but other say that ANY INSTALLER DOESN'T NEED ANY QUERY

xenovanis

Okay, I'm going to pass on this.

Being a superhero, I have no idea what you are referring to.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Sahil_kr

Quote from: xenovanis on September 03, 2010, 07:28:25 AM
Okay, I'm going to pass on this.

Being a superhero, I have no idea what you are referring to.
I am trying to explain that the installer asks for queries.

xenovanis

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 14, 2010, 12:55:32 PM
Could you please make a screen shot of the part of the installer your referring to?

Sahil_kr

Quote from: xenovanis on September 03, 2010, 07:40:28 AM
Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 14, 2010, 12:55:32 PM

No,i won't,it is understandable that SMF installer asks for queries.

Oya

the smf installer on its own (when you get it from here) needs information only you can give it

but some sites have an auto install option that installs it for you - this is managed by services such as fantastico or installatron and they have modified the installer not to need to ask you some of the questions

Sahil_kr

Quote from: Oya on September 03, 2010, 08:19:28 AM
the smf installer on its own (when you get it from here) needs information only you can give it

but some sites have an auto install option that installs it for you - this is managed by services such as fantastico or installatron and they have modified the installer not to need to ask you some of the questions
I know that fantastico and softaculous has auto install features,but one or more query it too asks and saying that no installer asks queries is really unknowlegeable and an "Insult" for Smf hero!

I need the thread Closed now!

Oya

smf hero is simply based on post count not actual knowledge or experience...

Sahil_kr

Quote from: Oya on September 03, 2010, 08:52:05 AM
smf hero is simply based on post count not actual knowledge or experience...
Ok,Now this thread will be cloased,Since the topic has been marked as Solved by me and need not any [/b]"Further Replies[/b]

Advertisement: