News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Some help with settings please

Started by nightyyx, August 14, 2010, 07:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightyyx

1)MY first problem is that when i reply to post a message on a topic after message is posted the forum drop me automatically in board menu and not inside in topic where is the discussion so i have to click again back to topic to see what posted.
I searched for some settings but couldnt find anything.

2)My second problem is that when i use a avatar doesnt matter the size if it is 100x100 or 150x150 at the settings at the board  this line " Report to moderator    94.xx.xxx.x ip (?)  " is a bit more high than need...when i dont use avatar the line is normal down right.

gbsothere

For your first issue, go into your profile, to Look and Layout and check "Return to topics after posting by default".  (You can also change this by going to Admin--> Current Theme--> Member Options and clicking "Change current options for all members using this theme".)  Just use the pulldown next to that option, make the change and save your changes.

For your second issue, are you using a custom theme?
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

nightyyx

thanks alot :)

yes... i am using on theme that i found here...

gbsothere

Quote from: nightyyx on August 14, 2010, 07:25:40 PM
thanks alot :)

yes... i am using on theme that i found here...
:)

Which version of SMF?   

Switch over to the default theme (Curve, if RC3) and see if you have the same issue.  If not, then your custom theme is causing the problem.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

nightyyx

SMF 2.0 RC3 this one is my version.
I tried with two different custom themes but not yet with original so i dont know.
I must say that i have installed also the mod Adk Portal 2.0 RC4

gbsothere

Adk RC4?  *surprised*  Well..... that may be the culprit....  but, for now, go into your profile, if you don't want to change the forum for everyone else, and in Look and Layout, there's a place for you to change the forum for yourself.  Change it to Curve and see how the avatar looks. 

nightyyx

i tried to find the Look and Layout option but couldnt.
Only in admin panel at confiqation category at features and options is the category layout only i think.

Also if it isnt trouble since i found a holy man to advice me i copy paste another question that i made at a other thrend:)

Have you any ideas how can i change the stuff under avatar of each user?
I mean for example in my forum i want the moderators to have 5 or 6 blue stars. The others members just yellow stars.The administrators red stars.
Also as each single member gains more post i want to get a tittle automatic.For example in 200 posts newbie in 1000 posts veteran in 2000 posts rambo :D
The moderators and administrators i want also to have from the start 5 or 6 stars but single users gain one star per level...
when someone start with 0 posts 1 star...as going 200 posts and rank newbie take 2 stars and then at 1000 posts 3 stars etc...

gbsothere

For the first thing (getting back to Curve) click on the menu bar to look at your own profile.  You will see, under "Modify Profile" a link called "Look and Layout".  Click that and you will see, at the top of the next page "Current Theme:" with the name of the theme you're currently using and "(Change)" next to that.  Click Change and where you see "SMF Default Theme - Curve" click "Use This Theme".  This will allow you to view the avatars as Curve means for them to be viewed.  If they look right, then the custom theme is the issue.  To return to the custom theme, just follow the same steps and choose your custom theme.

I can help you with the rest, but I'm going to be away from the computer for about 15 minutes.  I'll check back and if no one has helped  you, I'll explain it. 

:)

nightyyx

thanks again alot.
i did it and still the same problem.

take your time i have still alot time to sit in pc:)

gbsothere

Still the same, even with Curve?  Well....  is Adk Portal the only mod you have installed, or at least, the last one you installed before this began happening?  A good experiment is to uninstall it (you can do this in your package manager) then check to see if the avatar looks right, again.  At least, this way, we'll know if it's having an effect on it.

I can't really tell anything by the screenshot.   :D

nightyyx

i will...
anyway the forum is still at very experiment stage.
I am not sure but i am thinking if some other mods that i installed after adk made the problem.
I installed one for to can keep bookmarks and one to show you the names of uses that read the same time a topic.
Both installed ok.Bookmark worked ok but the other one didnt worked...not affect at all...
For first time  then i saw this problem with the position of line "report ...ip" and i deleted both mods.

gbsothere

What mods do you currently have installed?

nightyyx

as we speak is only installed the adk:)
by the way now i see that here in this forum also is the same ...you have avatar and this line " Report to moderator    Logged  " is a bit more high than mine that is down in the right.

gbsothere

I do see that Adk edits both the display and index templates.  Let's try uninstalling it, then go to Forum Maintenance, empty the cache and let's see how the avatar looks.

Edit:  I finally realize that you're not talking about the avatar, itself, but still.... let's try uninstalling and checking. 

nightyyx

sure but give me 10-15 minutes since another admin is also logged and wants to play a bit with the forum.
Can you in while tell me about the others?

gbsothere

Tell you what.... before you do anything, look at your site with different browsers and see if that makes a difference.  I'll be around later, when you want to continue.   :)

nightyyx

Quote from: gbsothere on August 14, 2010, 08:24:02 PM
Tell you what.... before you do anything, look at your site with different browsers and see if that makes a difference.  I'll be around later, when you want to continue.   :)

very soon i ll tell you the results with the adk remove:)

about the stars and ranks titles i was speaking also:)

ps. in the screenshoot you cant see any strange difference or problem?maybe then i am curious and strange and the forum is ok:P

gbsothere

For the stars, you can go to Admin==> Membergroups and click "Modify" next to each group.  There, you can set the number of stars.  You can also pick a color for each membergroup's name.  If you want to get creative, you can even design a badge and upload it to your theme's images folder and, instead of the stars, use the badge.  (You only want 1 star for each group that has a badge.  Otherwise. you'll have a whole row of badges!)   ;)

For titles, VBGamer45 has a nice little mod here that I use on my own forums:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1926

Edit:  In your screenshot, I do see it, but you said that you also see it on this site, which makes me wonder if it's just your browser. Trying different browsers might help you decide.

nightyyx

i have to anounce that the problem solved just now.I thought to try to reduce the size of the avatars that a user can choose...so before was 120x120...now i went them 100x85 and looks ok now.:)

Another problem this time with adk is that when i am going to adk portal panel to add news the spaces of Author and News Title are fine and i can write to them.But under them at the space that you have to write or copy your "news" the space goes blank and you cannot see and write anything after the page get completely connected.

This problem is from morning when i havent installed any other mod only adk...

the same problem with browser internet explorer and mozilla.

gbsothere

Well, now it becomes officially a mod question, so you'll have to ask lucas-ruroken about that issue here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=369147.0

Between him and me, only one of us understands Adk Portal and, since he created it, it's him.   :D

nightyyx

Quote from: gbsothere on August 14, 2010, 08:37:21 PM
For the stars, you can go to Admin==> Membergroups and click "Modify" next to each group.  There, you can set the number of stars.  You can also pick a color for each membergroup's name.  If you want to get creative, you can even design a badge and upload it to your theme's images folder and, instead of the stars, use the badge.  (You only want 1 star for each group that has a badge.  Otherwise. you'll have a whole row of badges!)   ;)

For titles, VBGamer45 has a nice little mod here that I use on my own forums:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1926

Edit:  In your screenshot, I do see it, but you said that you also see it on this site, which makes me wonder if it's just your browser. Trying different browsers might help you decide.

it was so simple.Oh. how i missing it...
Thanks alot for all the advices and this great mod.I will test it soon:)
God bless you!!!!You saved me of alot trouble!

gbsothere

You're very welcome, nightyyx!   Let's mark this solved for now, then?

;)

nightyyx

yes:)
i will post to the adk topic for the last (at the moment) problem :)

gbsothere

Alright, and good luck with it!   :)

Advertisement: