News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Quick Registrations from Gmail, Ymail, Facebook, Twitter account to SMF 2.0 RC3

Started by khadhafi, August 16, 2010, 05:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaXiForum.cz

Ready not yet... :D
CZ charakters :(
khadhafi can you help?

KensonPlays

vb, if ever a discount deal for this comes up, ill buy then, spending $30 of my $70 total doesnt apeal to me.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

KensonPlays

i saw that. i cannot afford to spend that much for a while. (until i get another job and get paid)

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

MaXiForum.cz

khadhafi

$25 VB? owch.....
I really appreciate your hard work, but unfortunately my hosting declining lately  :(   
If not, I would be interested.

vbgamer45

Save up so far that is my cheapest mod on discount price for now heh
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lastminute

This is really useful. its a quick registrations from gmail facebook etc.

khadhafi

Quote from: lastminute on September 03, 2010, 06:17:06 AM
This is really useful. its a quick registrations from gmail facebook etc.
rights..... but too bad there's no free Gigya mods for any SMF here :(

KensonPlays

Kadhafi, I agree this is a simple integration to expand registration, it SHOULDN'T cost $30!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

khadhafi

Quote from: Kcmartz on September 06, 2010, 04:37:30 PM
Kadhafi, I agree this is a simple integration to expand registration, it SHOULDN'T cost $30!
You're right, maybe we can wait for someone who can make Gigya mods for free.
Its just like facebook connect That required Facebook API.

KensonPlays

Quote from: khadhafi on September 09, 2010, 11:28:20 AM
Quote from: Kcmartz on September 06, 2010, 04:37:30 PM
You're right, maybe we can wait for someone who can make Gigya mods for free.
Its just like facebook connect That required Facebook API.
Maybe Gigya will make an official mod, and will publish it on mod site or their site for free!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

altdot

Two questions:
- Does this mod transparently create an account, or does the new user still see an account creation screen, for example, to choose a username? If so, what's on that account creation screen?
- What happens if you have a Wordpress front end with the gigya wordpress plug-in and this gigya SMF mod both installed, and someone logs into the Wordpress blog via gigya-- is it possible for them to be simultaneously logged into SMF, or do they have to log in again on the forum pages?

vbgamer45

- Does this mod transparently create an account, or does the new user still see an account creation screen, for example, to choose a username? If so, what's on that account creation screen?
Creates a brand new account for the user they do not see a creation screen. For some sites that don't pass an email they will get a prompt to enter an email address. How it works when they click on the social icon it checks if they an account created via gigya if not an account is created if they already have an account logs them in.

What happens if you have a Wordpress front end with the gigya wordpress plug-in and this gigya SMF mod both installed, and someone logs into the Wordpress blog via gigya-- is it possible for them to be simultaneously logged into SMF, or do they have to log in again on the forum pages?
They would have to login in both places since it is to different systems and the data is not shared/intergrated between the wordpress blog and the smf forum.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

nend

They still need to pass the anti-spam verification system right to register?

I am with the rest on this, I don't want to pay for something like that. I guess I will have to make my own.

vbgamer45

No they don't have to pass any verification since it skips the registration page.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

nend

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 15, 2010, 02:07:41 PM
No they don't have to pass any verification since it skips the registration page.

Yeah, I noticed this on your test site. I wonder if that is a good or bad thing.

I just read the developer documentation and it seems pretty straight forward, maybe a little too easy.  Once you get the information back from Gigya all that needs to be done is to verify it. After that is done you can call SMF's register function or log them in if already registered. Pretty straight forward it looks like. This is how it looks to be done on your site.

The only part I hate about that is the bypass of the anti-spam system. It is possible to call the anti-spam functions for verification though it would make a extra step. Gigya sends the authenification information to the script. The script checks if the user has been registered before or is a new user. If the user has been registered before the script logs them in, if not the information gets stored in a session and they get sent to a second step. On the second step the user has to figure out the anti-spam puzzles. After a successful verification the script loads the session and registers them.

I hate to give this out though after you made yours paid. It would be like a slap in the face after you went through the trouble to make one for paid. But I do find it may be too simple of a mod to do it as paid. Someone eventually will make one since the mod is actually pretty simple. Since I am conflicting here, I will make it for personal use unless it is ok with you. I may even give it to charter members, that may be the way to go, don't know yet.

vbgamer45

Thanks yeah it did take me about 5 hours to build port/package up for SMF 1.1.x and SMF 2.0.x and generally think the price is a good value cause I don't think anyone else would be able to build it for that low price if you had to get paid to be built.

I could add another step for verification but for me on my sites the goal was to have a quick instant setup currently I use this on my forum hosting sites. I am betting on that those social networks already have antispam systems.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MaXiForum.cz

nend

I have found a problem while setting up. My test site uses SimpleSEF and the data that gets appended to the url does not get converted to the appropriate syntax for SimpleSEF. So I have devised a work around to get the url and start exploding it to get the vars. I don't know if you encountered the same thing.

Advertisement: