News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[2.0 RC3] Package Manager Changes Permission on Home folder

Started by ups, August 17, 2010, 08:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ups

Unfortunately, I cannot give much detail, but it seems that when installing a custum made package, the Package Manager is changing the permission of the Home folder breaking all my site (for precaution, php files are disable if / is set to 777).

Now, the Package Manager should not alter this directory, and because it disable all php, I cannot recover my system without calling support.

No ideas if this has happened to anyone else but is pretty frustrating.

Norv

Hello there,
and thank you for the report.

I am not certain how to start tackling this, since we definitely don't replicate such behavior...

Where is the forum, relatively to the home folder (since you say the home folder was affected)?
Did the permissions change on the home folder only, or on all its contents - files and folders?
How did it happen, at which step of the installation of the mod, what exactly happened step by step? Did you use the feature of Package manager chmodding files and folders to be writable, when they aren't?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

emanuele

It could be related to the general problem of SMF setting permissions, but without more information...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Arantor

Closing this, retracking centrally under https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/1276

That report links back here and means that when we tackle it, we can find all the relevant information easily.

Advertisement: