News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Personal Message Auto Responder

Started by live627, December 03, 2005, 08:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessikard

R.Bourne

Quote from: Calzone on November 12, 2007, 07:17:01 PM
Here is my version tested on 1.1.4...

And .... Thank You;D

EDIT ---> Sorry, I forgot. FYI everyone, it works great on my SMF 1.18.

Jessikard

how can i fix the error in index.template.php ?

QuoteFind: [Auswählen]

echo '.';

Replace With: [Auswählen]

echo '.<br />', $GLOBALS['user_settings']['pmAutoRespondAwayMsgActivate'] ? $txt['pmAutoRespondAwayWarning'].'<br/>':'';

i can´t find the echo '-'; or echo'.';

R.Bourne

Is that the error message that you see in your forum error log or when you try to access your forum?

Either case, if you could clean up your code and revert it back to what it was, then follow those 2 folks that I thanked them in my previous posts here. Reinstall and you should be fine. Post back here if you still need help.

perplexed

Quote from: S_M_F_Modding on September 26, 2008, 07:13:25 AM
Quote from: quiteperplexed on March 25, 2008, 09:54:51 AM
I know that everything disappears as soon as you enter it and save - including the check in the checkbox, but this is starting to really confuse members now they are beginning to use it, as they can't tell if the auto respond is on or off!  Is there any way to at least keep the check in the checkbox when it is switched on?

thanks

To fix this you will need to do the following:

- Open /Sources/Load.php

- Find "elseif ($set == 'profile')"

- You will see a big list of fields being returned from the database here with something like the following:

Quote$select_columns = "
         IFNULL(lo.logTime, 0) AS isOnline, IFNULL(a.ID_ATTACH, 0) AS ID_ATTACH, a.filename, a.attachmentType,
         mem.signature, mem.personalText, mem.location, mem.gender, mem.avatar, mem.ID_MEMBER, mem.memberName,
         mem.realName, mem.emailAddress, mem.hideEmail, mem.dateRegistered, mem.websiteTitle, mem.websiteUrl,
         mem.birthdate, mem.ICQ, mem.AIM, mem.YIM, mem.MSN, mem.posts, mem.lastLogin, mem.karmaGood,
         mem.karmaBad, mem.memberIP, mem.memberIP2, mem.lngfile, mem.ID_GROUP, mem.ID_THEME, mem.buddy_list, mem.pm_ignore_list,
         mem.pm_email_notify, mem.timeOffset" . (!empty($modSettings['titlesEnable']) ? ', mem.usertitle' : '') . ",
         mem.timeFormat, mem.secretQuestion, mem.is_activated, mem.additionalGroups, mem.smileySet, mem.showOnline,
         mem.totalTimeLoggedIn, mem.ID_POST_GROUP, mem.notifyAnnouncements, mem.notifyOnce, mem.notifySendBody,
         mem.notifyTypes, lo.url, mg.onlineColor AS member_group_color, IFNULL(mg.groupName, '') AS member_group,
         pg.onlineColor AS post_group_color, IFNULL(pg.groupName, '') AS post_group,
         IF(mem.ID_GROUP = 0 OR mg.stars = '', pg.stars, mg.stars) AS stars, mem.passwordSalt, mem.visitors, mem.visitorstime, mem.visitorcount";

- You will then need to add mem.pmAutoRespondAwayMsgActivate, mem.pmAutoRespondAwayMsg to the list of fields being returned

- Save and upload

It should now work. Obviously, please backup before making any manual changes.

Thanks for this, sorry I haven't been around and only just saw it.  Works a treat :)

B.SkiLLs

Is there a way to run this off for all others excpt for Mods / admins ??

I havent installed it yet, Only if so.
VICKTORY THE UNDERDOG Documentary – Pitbulls the untold true story

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

gbsothere

Quote from: B.SkiLLs on September 06, 2009, 02:10:01 AM

This doesn't answer your question, of course, but I thought I'd comment that I posted a thread in Requests asking if the mod author would consider renewing this mod, but it doesn't seem as if it will happen.  I finally gave up on being able to install it.  The index.template.php is the culprit.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=325473.msg2168263#msg2168263

I mentioned the arcade as a reason for wanting it; but my posters would love this feature for many other reasons.  This mod has a ton of potential and it's a shame to see it no longer supported.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

B.SkiLLs

Quote from: gbsothere on September 06, 2009, 08:41:24 AM
Quote from: B.SkiLLs on September 06, 2009, 02:10:01 AM

This doesn't answer your question, of course, but I thought I'd comment that I posted a thread in Requests asking if the mod author would consider renewing this mod, but it doesn't seem as if it will happen.  I finally gave up on being able to install it.  The index.template.php is the culprit.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=325473.msg2168263#msg2168263

I mentioned the arcade as a reason for wanting it; but my posters would love this feature for many other reasons.  This mod has a ton of potential and it's a shame to see it no longer supported.

Yes i agree.

I wouldn't want it for my members to be able to use. Well i guess it would be ok cause "I" can still get a hold of them cause i can send newsletter or see there real email address if i had to but..

Maybe i will take a look at it and see if i can get it to work and update it if it's not working on 1.1.10

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

B.SkiLLs

Yeah just looked into it, also tried to install and man.. That thing as way to much work to mod it to work. It would be like doing the whole thing completely over again.

Hopefully he will make it again. Or somebody will come up with a new one. Maybe even the PM on Registration might be able to be modded or remade to work like this one.

Well never mind, thinkin about it, it wouldnt be able to.

If i have the time maybe i might try and remake it or make a new type version or something. which i doubt i will but...(have the time)

DragonKith

Will this mod work on SMF 1.1.10 by chance i think this mod is the best one i have seen on here

gbsothere

Quote from: DragonKith on October 02, 2009, 11:02:51 PM
Will this mod work on SMF 1.1.10 by chance i think this mod is the best one i have seen on here

Unfortunately, it won't.  One of the files that needs to be edited just doesn't have the "find" string.  It's discussed here:

in the hopes that someone would revive it.  I'd like to see that, myself.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

live627

Updated to 0.3 which is compatible with SMF 1.1.15

Biology Forums

Is there a way to send the auto response 5 minutes later? :(

live627

Biology Forums

Quote from: live627 on July 28, 2012, 04:34:20 PM
Only by using a Cron job.

I can't imagine how that'd work, care to elaborate?

Arantor

You put the notification into a queue of some kind, have cron check it every minute and if a message has been in the queue more than 5 minutes, send it.

Advertisement: