RIPC: Remove Index.Php Completely From URL for SEO

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, August 20, 2010, 04:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Arantor

So in answer to my question, that means the answer is no, which means it is still going to break as it always has done.

Do report if your forum(s) breaks using this mod.

Kindred

no. there definitely is no benefit to removing the index.php from the URL -- and there is a potential for issues with the site, especially mods
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

This mod has been used in http://anypost.qom.my, my mods' test site with even subforum mod installed and running. So far, it has no issues until today. It may not be useful to many, but really, so far, it has no issues at all.

Arantor

Schattian

I have an error, this mod wheni go to index redirected me to the same page without index.php, good BUT when i click in a button of index the mod redirect me to my main page, no index of the forum, to my page (jskdakj . com) and i want to uninstall it but i cant because i deleted all in FTP and removed my database AND THE SAME! :S Please respond

SRY BAD ENG

Kindred

manually put the mod archive file back in the packages directory and you should be able to uninstall it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

This mod is changing only .htaccess file (and depending on it too). Only need to restore that file to restore your forum.

Jakkie

Hi Ahrasis,

Im new to SMF and modifications to it. I want to remove the index part from the URL and downloaded your mod. Im not sure how to install/activate it in my SMF? Im runnig version 2.0. Where do I put the mod and how do I execute it to be installed?

Thanks,
J

Xpresskonami

This mod has affect my forum canonical url, google has been detecting url.com/index.php and url.com and it has been decreasing my site rank and index status. please how can i fixed this. some of my topics brings url.com/index.php but if i later click on it, the index.php is not showing again.

example: if you drag mouse on this url before you click it will show this http://www.spyloadedng.com/index.php?board=1.0 and after you click it. it change it to this http://www.spyloadedng.com/?board=1.0 and i try to use pretty urls, it work well without showing index.php but google has never get the real canonical url of my forum....

Kindred

Uninstall...   seriously, I don't know why anyone would ever do this. It causes all sorts of trouble for little, if any benefit
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: