News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Unable to verify referring url Error when deleting old topics/post

Started by TeeJay, August 20, 2010, 05:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeJay

Still no solution or cause found
As I'm not a programmer I haven't clue where to start looking so unless someone here comes up with a solution I'm stuffed

I can rule out the server/php ini settings etc as I have two other forums runing on the same server space

I have already refreshed all the files and dropped the tables from old unwanted add-ons such as the Pretty URL's mod

Can't think what else to do

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

TeeJay

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Could you possibly make another install fresh, for example to a subdomain or a different directory location on the same server?
That way you could test if this still happens with a completely fresh forum install, and we would possibly have something to work with.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

TeeJay

Hi LexArma
As mentioned above, I already have two other installs of SMF on the same server, neither of which have this issue

If I knew how, I would do a fresh install of RC4 and try to import the data from my RC3 into the database then re-apply any mods I have

The only thing I can think is that I once had the Pretty URL's mod installed but removed it as it was making the database too large, I dropped all the tables for that mod and since then I have refreshed the files (overwritten old files with new one's), obviously this doesn't remove any extra files placed there by old mods
Other than that I have no clue at all

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Since the forum is now on RC3, why not (back up first and then) do a large upgrade directly to RC4.
That would replace all files, and update the forum while at it. Then see if it still does the same on Curve.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

TeeJay

OK
Just completed the RC4 Large upgrade along with upgrades for all add-ons/mods and I still get the same error

I think the only way to deal with this is to create a completely new install with all the same mods and port over all relevant data from the database by hand

Kays

Hi, do you have a .htaccess file in place?

Try temporarily removing it to see if that's causing the problem.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

TeeJay

Thanks, there's no .htaccess file in that directory or anywhere above it

Kays

Drat, that would of been too easy. ::)

It looks like it's failing on the session check. Long shot, go into the Admin CP> Server Settings > Cookies and Sessions and set the following if they are not set already.

Enable local storage of cookies - unchecked
Use subdomain independent cookies - checked
Use database driven sessions - checked

When you ran repair_settings.php, did you click on all of the links/paths to insert all the recommended values.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

TeeJay

Set the server as suggested, ran repair_settings again and used all recommended settings

Still get the same error
?

David8

Has this issue been resolved?  I am getting the identical problem on an RC4 system.

TeeJay

No, it's not solved

I fear the only cure is to manually port over the data I need to keep onto a new database and install fresh scripts

It's not server settings as I've had two other installations running on the same server without the issue
I can only guess that it's a left over script mod from an old add-on that was remove (possibly pretty url's ? )

Deaks

TeeJay are you using Database Driven Sessions, i did scan and cant see anyone asking this.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

TeeJay

Hi Runic
Yes it is set to use database driven sessions, it's not to do with the settings as all possible configurations have been tried

npereira

Im having the same issues...

Why is no one on the SMF side looking into this? seems like more and more people are getting this problem.

Illori

npereira

Illori

so that we can track your issue and only your issue in your own thread.

TeeJay

If it helps anyone find a solution for me...

I get exactly the same error when trying to use the admin area to remove old avatars and attachments

Advertisement: