News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[WIP] Menu Editor

Started by Matthew K., August 21, 2010, 09:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hadesflames

or Labradoodle could just create his mod which is supposed to be so awesome with a top menu and everything. If he truly could do it, I don't see why Dream Menu is stopping him ::)

Matthew K.

Is that supposed to be insulting hades?

To be quite honest, the reason I have halted development is because I see DreamMenu as a pretty good way of making menu's :P Because it is. I don't like duplicating features, and I don't see that much of a reason to create a mod solely for creating top menu's.

When my schedule is so busy, and I am honestly trying to be on for less, not more. I have more important things to do than write mods when a good alternative already exists.

It's not a problem of whether "I could" or not. I already have a beta of a top menu editor done, I just don't have the time or will right now to finish the beta to make it stable enough for a mod.

hadesflames

KensonPlays

hadesflames: smp's top menu works on my site with the custom themes. if he would expand for more than 5 links...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

hadesflames

It does the exact same custom edit to the templates I had in mind. It won't necessarily work on all custom themes, just the ones that are curve copies (sure that's most of them, but I dislike it none the less)

bloc

Quote from: Kcmartz on September 08, 2010, 12:57:46 AM
hadesflames: smp's top menu works on my site with the custom themes. if he would expand for more than 5 links...

Does that mean 5 levels deep..? lol, I would really hate such a site, at the most I can cope with 3, as SMF now supports, but not 4-5.

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on September 08, 2010, 12:27:09 AM
Is that supposed to be insulting hades?

To be quite honest, the reason I have halted development is because I see DreamMenu as a pretty good way of making menu's :P Because it is. I don't like duplicating features, and I don't see that much of a reason to create a mod solely for creating top menu's.

When my schedule is so busy, and I am honestly trying to be on for less, not more. I have more important things to do than write mods when a good alternative already exists.

It's not a problem of whether "I could" or not. I already have a beta of a top menu editor done, I just don't have the time or will right now to finish the beta to make it stable enough for a mod.

Isn't "Dream menu" a part of DreamPortal..? If so, it will still needed a menu editor for the ones not using it. And tbh, if any portal were to add a menu editor to its features, I would expect it to be much more tailored to the portal features, the categories/pages etc. in a easy manner. Not necessarily shuffle around the SMF menu items so much, although that would be needed to.

Robbo_

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on September 07, 2010, 09:34:20 AM
Quote from: Robbo_ on September 07, 2010, 09:01:04 AM
Well dream menu doesn't do as much as I need so I'll keep mine hardcoded until I get my mod done if I actually get a chance.
What does you want it to do?
There is more coming for Dream Menu so keep your eyes peeled. :)
Oh I will. The less work I have to do the better :)
The things I would like it to do is stuff that would make it less simple so you wouldn't want it added anyway I don't think. I just don't want to go into details, too tired :p
Aus-Newerth

Quote from: IRC
Roph> I just finished a double 1/2lb cheese, bacon & salad beef burger
Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
Roph> how could ensie go about satisfying me =o
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

Robbo_

What is the top menu you are talking about? I am confused...
Aus-Newerth

Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

hadesflames

Yes Dream Menu is a part of Dream Portal, but I also made a stand alone version for those who might need it, but not want Dream Portal itself. As for the top menu, it like the menu here on SM.org at the top right (Home, Community, Download etc...)

Robbo_

Ah ok. I was thinking that might be it.
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

Matthew K.

For now, I am going to lock this thread. If and when I decide to make a mod for my top menu editor, or even continue this mods development, I will unlock it.

Labradoodle-360

Advertisement: