News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP] Warcraft 3 Theme

Started by Xarkurai, August 23, 2010, 11:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarkurai

Hello everyone.

I've created a Warcraft 3 community theme.

Warcaft 3 is a game owned by Blizzard and they own a lot of games.
So, I thought sharing this theme in the future might be useful.

I promise that I'll add more game themes in the future.
Since I have a feeling that themes for games aren't really in yet.
Time to make a change :-)

Link: team-fantsy.com  (will change)

Comments/Feedback is appreciated!
Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

Eric_WP

Sorry if my opinion is a little too honest!:

Pitch black:  Dark on dark themes always give me a headache lol  If you look at the official WoW website, they have a perfect blend of light and dark.  Obviously the dark is more significant, but the yellows and the neon blues give the website an overall brighter look, which is easier on the eyes and much funner to look at.

Too much repetition: The same bricks surround everything!  I'm not against reusing graphics, but there is too much of the same in every corner of your design.  Try mixing it up a bit and be a little more creative.  Maybe add a neat background image, different designs for different borders? 

Text positioning:  I'm not sure if it's how my browser is rendering the CSS, but the text positioning in some of your areas looks a bit unfinished.  For example, the "Users Logged In Today" text at the bottom nearly eclipses the border.

Link colors:  Maybe it's just my poor eye sight, but the dark blue on pitch black is very hard to focus on.  Maybe try adding a mustard yellow to your color scheme?  It will be easier to see, while still staying true to WoW.

Overall, the graphics are very nice and I can tell that you put a lot of effort into them.  The color scheme isn't very compatible, I think, but can easily be improved.  Good job though, I like it!  I can't wait to see your future 'game themes'!

Xarkurai

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it a lot.
Of course this is still a WIP and I still need to improve a lot of things :-).

I will take your feedback serious and work it out better.

Cheers!
Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

Advertisement: