How to crate a vip board

Started by king999, August 25, 2010, 11:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king999

Hello frnds i faced a problem i crated new vip member group i also create 1 board for vip members so i wanna only vip members access that board but all other members are not see that board so i wanna all member group see that board but only vip member are access that board. can it's possible like this feature in vb
Bcz i want they see that vip board but can't access it.
But only vip member gorup member access it. and other members got any notifiaction like you are not allowed to access this board or what ever can it's possible bcz at this vip member gorup members acess that but other members can't see that board in main board page of the site.

Jakob Fel

Hi king999,

First, you would want to create a board called VIP Center or whatever you want to call it. Then, go into the board permissions, select ONLY the membergroups you want. Don't select the post-counted groups. Let me know what your results are, or if you need more help. If needed, I can provide an image.
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

king999

ya i created a vip board and select those member groups which only for vip but guest and other members are not see the that vip board in main page........... only those view that vip board in main which those are selected.
so i want all shows that vip board but only some members gorups are access which i selcted or give permisson to access that board......

Jakob Fel

Hi,

I'm not sure how that would work, that would probably need a mod. Let me look through the customization site and I will get back to you if I see something that you may like. :)

-Jake

king999

So tell me what can i do.......
I wanna likes vbulletin i see in some vb website some vip bords are diylay to all members or guest's but any perssion members are access that.............
So i want like that.

Acans

Here's what you want.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=922

However its for 1.1.x only, and because this topic in is the wrong board, i cannot tell what version of SMF you are using.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Jakob Fel

Well, I couldn't find any mods for 2.0 that do what you want. Sorry. :(

Acans

You could ask the author of the mod, Dragooon in his mods support topic to possibly update it to 2.0 RC3.

Another idea is to request the mod be made in the modification request board. Somebody MIGHT make one. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=79.0
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Advertisement: