Adk Blog (A blog system for each user)

Started by lucas-ruroken, August 30, 2010, 05:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

so, actually, as I said, the problem is not in the index.php.... it's in the file that is called for the blog action...

look at the blog template file... (not sure what it's called)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

treehugger

Now I'm confused (admittedly it doesn't take much) because I thought you had the same problem Kindred and sorted it in index.php. In  Reply #544 on: March 07 in this thread you said you had the same problem then edited to say - figured it out...   the upgrade does NOT remove the old 'blogs' line in the index.php action array.... Apparently that is no longer used in 3.0 and so needs to be removed if you are upgrading.

Kindred

ah...   right. that was indeed the problem.
delete line 401
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Thac0

Thanks, that fixed my 'Like" issue. And easy to deal with as a permission fix. :)

My Blog usage by members has gone from 3 folks to near 10 just from the upgrade from 2 to 3. So I'm happy with that considering that jump is just the first month of actually promoting it on our site to our members.

Will continue to watch this thread. :)

Thanks your stuff is looking good!

Thac0

Quote from: rlh2006 on October 28, 2012, 12:12:44 PM
Quote from: Thac0 on October 27, 2012, 11:00:13 PM
Weird thing going on that I just noticed... the Like count isn't working. You can Like a Blog, but the count isn't going up.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
Check your site for an error log something like this:

SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "******/forum/blog/ajax/likeme.php" is writeable by group

That was the problem I had with the "like" issue.
The permission was set to 666, so I changed it to 644.
The error appears to be gone and the "like" button appears to be working now.

Quote from: Thac0 on October 24, 2012, 09:22:41 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how your stuff turns out.
Well, we got the customer titles on each person's blog. Now we are working on this stuff (don't judge my photo editing because I am NOT good at that stuff):

1) Profile Field. Edit the custom blog profile to be centered, bolded and Green:
From this (showing blog title I currently use): "The Front Line" to this: The Front Line. See the example image below:

2) Recent Topics. Putting the recent blog posts back to be displayed in a table below the Bloggers. We would need some pagination as the number of bloggers and recent posts grows. The recent posts code was already there. See image below (trying to show the Recent Topics below):

Topic / Date / Author (no icons or anything).

littlenicki

So can this be backported to SMF 1.1 when paying a fee?
Fomer SMF user. Switched to Invision Power Board and VBulletin

treehugger

Kindred

littlenicki,

Considering the amount of 2.0.x features that this takes advantage of, it would have to be completely re-written to port back to 1.1.x. So... probably not.
Слaва
Украинi

littlenicki

Well, how much would it cost to rewrite it? Regards
Fomer SMF user. Switched to Invision Power Board and VBulletin

bojanbgrd

SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "******/forum/blog/ajax/likeme.php" is writeable by group

Hi there :)
I changed permissions from 666 to 644, but nothing happened :(  "Like" still doesn't work.
QuoteSoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "...blog/ajax/likeme.php" is writeable by group
In my test forum, I've got positive results - "like" count works.
So, what could be a problem?  :-\

bojanbgrd

Me again :(
I uploaded fix for ADK blogs 3.0 and nothing happened  :-\   I still got errors on lines 61 and 63 and that really frustrates me, cause I don't know what to do.
I don't know if a good solution would be to reinstall ADK blogs again?

Adrek

When someone wrote new comment and by accident clicked multiple times on "send" button, comment is sent few times (I had few bots that used this "feature" to spam :P )

SMF 2.0.2 with ADK Blog 3.0.
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

jack001

Quote from: Billy boy on November 11, 2012, 04:41:18 AM

Hi there :)
I changed permissions from 666 to 644, but nothing happened :(  "Like" still doesn't work.
QuoteSoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "...blog/ajax/likeme.php" is writeable by group
In my test forum, I've got positive results - "like" count works.
So, what could be a problem?  :-\

same problem.. like count doesn't work. changed permission still no changes to like button.
https://www.edufor.xyz Edutainment forum - Education with Entertainment!

Kindred

OK folks...  I finally got tired of waiting... after bugging vbgamer about EZportal, he gave me a hint which prompted me to find the solution...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=271882.msg3457172#msg3457172

This will fix the problem with the portal thinking that the blog is the same as the homepage (in EZPortal)

this will not add any capability to specify blocks to appear only on the blog pages... but with the fix that I list in that post, the blog will display all blocks which are listed for the "display on all pages" option. Additionally, if you really need it, I think I know how to have the portal display blocks on the blog to match the boardindex settings.
Слaва
Украинi

Thac0

Hey Peeps...

Been a while since I posted here on this subject and I have a question/observation.

Has anyone noticed that when a user Comments on Blog and includes a URL... when 'saved', the Comment appears with the URL blocked between
[u r l] some link [/u r l] in TEXT and not a hyperlink? (no spaces in the URL letters.. I had to do that so the forum here will let it pass thru.)

This has been an issue since the 3.0 upgrade and when I noticed it today...my users said 'yeah, it has been like that for a while.'

doh! :(

Any suggestions or are there other folks who have this same issue?

Otherwise... I have no issues with ADK Blog 3.0 and my users LOVE it. I have like 15 pages of various Blogs ... its nuts!

Thanks

T.

flamechica

How do I move the blog button in the menu? I like to rearrange my menu. I used the directions HERE to find the code to rearrange my menu, BUT the information for this mod and one other were not there with the rest of it. I did notice when I rearranged all the other buttons that this one seems to be attached to the "members" button. Wherever it goes, the blog button is always to the left of it. But, I don't want it there, so how do I move it?

Aunt Sally

Quote from: Sci-Fi_Fan on September 12, 2011, 12:19:19 PM
EDIT: I found out what was causing the error message. Some users had the WYSIWYG editor turned 'on' by default and when using it the blogs don't seem to recognise any text that is input. By using the non-WYSIWYG editor, they don't get the error message. Just in case anyone else receives the same error, just switch off your WYSIWYG or don't use it for the blogs.

Many thanks for this information.  I was having this problem and was pulling my hair out.

It was indeed the WYSIWYG.

Blog works as expected now that is unchecked in my profile.

Adk-Team

SMF 2.0.4 updated  ;)

And Dutch language added thanks to DiMarco

Regards enik...

S Mac

I' like to download this mod...but which one do I use, there's one called Adk-blog.Dutch.zip and one named Adk_blog_3.0_review.zip. Which one works for my forum SMF 2.0.4? Thanks

Kindred

look at the file size.

the dutch is probably just the language files in dutch, for the mod
Слaва
Украинi

S Mac

That's what I thought. Just checking...thanks

Advertisement: