Adk Blog (A blog system for each user)

Started by lucas-ruroken, August 30, 2010, 05:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas-ruroken

Link al mod

Thanks for installing Adk Blog - A blog system for each user :)

Founder:
Lucas-ruroken
Adk portal customizers

Features:

• Each user manages his/her own blog.
  • You are able to decide which groups can:

• Administrate
    • View
    • Comment
    on your user's Blog.
  • You are able to Enable/Disable the Send PM option when the users add comments on a blog
  • You are able to Enable/Disable Adk blog.
  • Each user is able to Manage the Categories of his/her blog
  • About Me (A little description that the owner of the blog can modify)
  • Like it system :)
Official Support:
Smf Personal

I welcome new translations
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

lucas-ruroken

Design your universe!

lucas-ruroken

Inmediatly... New version 1.0.1...

Changelogs: Simple Portal Compatible ;)

Design your universe!

Bugo

lucas-ruroken

This mod allow to your users to manage your own blogs..

Design your universe!

Bugo

lucas-ruroken

Design your universe!

!RFAN

every member is allowed to add unlimited number of blog entries???
is there any option if admin want to allow different number of blog entries to different member groups??

Kreator

Hmmm, I keep trying to post something into the blog but every time i save it it tells me there is an error " Message body required" although i`ve typed the body in !!

any solution which file should I be investigating

Kreator

oops " about me" crashes then I insert some text

Function name must be a string in /customers/animanon.com/animanon.com/httpd.www/Forum3/Sources/BlogAdminSettings.php on line 1011

lucas-ruroken

Quote from: Kreator on September 01, 2010, 04:03:59 AM
oops " about me" crashes then I insert some text

Function name must be a string in /customers/animanon.com/animanon.com/httpd.www/Forum3/Sources/BlogAdminSettings.php on line 1011

search:
$smcFunc['unhtmlspecialchars']

and replace with:
un_htmlspecialchars
Quote from: !RFAN on September 01, 2010, 02:52:00 AM
every member is allowed to add unlimited number of blog entries???
is there any option if admin want to allow different number of blog entries to different member groups??

you can change their permissions of every groups ;)

Design your universe!

!RFAN

ohhh its great then.... thanks for the mod :)

abhi

Me installed but nothing can see new! Me changed the settings and Active atlast a blogs button only showed!

Hw it wrks? Any extra mod will add for showing?

Kreator

ok, I changed the $smcfunc part at line 1011. Now the "about me works" also I made a test post which worked ok until I tried to edit it.

this gave a fatal error at line 700 which incidently shows the same error as before

QuoteFunction name must be a string in /customers/animanon.com/animanon.com/httpd.www/Forum3/Sources/BlogAdminSettings.php on line 700

So i changed as previous alteration, now I get a no message body error on edits and new blogs.

Are you updating the source files in the package so that other people don`t get these problems?  just wondered.

Kindred

So, I have not specifically looked into the code... but I have some questions

Does this use the SMF_Messages table or a new table?
How are the categories handled? (individual, per user or admin assigned and the selectable per user?)
Are tag clouds/keyword supported?
Where is the link to a user's blog?
Is there a general "all blog posts" page?
Does this use the standard SMF post-entry form? (i.e. will mods like Aeva or Glossary automatically work?)
Does this support the full (i.e. modified or added) BBC codes?
Is there a way to limit which users (or usergroups) have access to start a blog? (i.e. all users can read and comment, but only certain user(groups) can have an actual blog in their name.

Can you write a converter from the excellent (but outdated and unsupported) zBlog/zCommunity?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kreator

QuoteCan you write a converter from the excellent (but outdated and unsupported) zBlog/zCommunity?

Now that would be nice Kindred, but would Charles Hill appreciate that!

from my inital dabblings

• creates new tables
  • categories individual
  • no keywords/ clouds
  • hav`nt found the link to users blogs , but have inkling they might be in profile
  • no
  • yes
  • yes
  • yes
  • untried

Kindred

Charles Hill has abandoned his mod, and SMF completely.  Plus, writing a converter does not require permission (e.g. all of the converters from one forum to another forum)

zCommunity works acceptably, but it has some bugs which will never be fixed and no further development or support is provided.... so, if I can switch to a new, supported and dynamic (i.e. maintained and updated) system, I'd like to...

One critical feature is the "all blogs" or at least a "recent blog posts" page.
i.e.
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?zc
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Kindred

thank you for the correction. Apparently he has not abandoned SMF, just the blog mod. :(
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: