News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Adk Blog (A blog system for each user)

Started by lucas-ruroken, August 30, 2010, 05:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Yup it is possible.  That is the setup that I use, myself
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SoftwareSamurai

Interesting. But I can't seem to get it to work. Here's what I've got...

"Registered" - inherited from "Regular Members", visible.
"Bloggers" - inherited from "Regular Members", visible. (This one is set to enable blogging.)

Member "Joe".

If I first put him in Bloggers, he can blog, then add him to Registered (now he's in both), he can still blog. (All good.)

However...

If I first put him in Registered, he can't blog (which is correct), then add him to Bloggers (now he's in both), he still can't blog.

I noticed that on Joe's profile page, he's still listed as in "Registered", even though he's actually in both.

Can you repro this on your board? (Or do you have a different configuration? I'm using 2.0.5 btw.)

---

Update: I've repeated my test on a clean install of v2.0.6 and Adk Blog, and got the same results.

I'm getting the feeling that SMF really wasn't designed to handle members being assigned to more than one membergroup at the same time.
Subtle things don't work right, like only showing one membergroup under the member's name in the Profile Info's Summary block, which doesn't update correctly when the member is in two membergroups and is removed from the first one (it displays the post-count group instead of the second membergroup).

Chalky

Does anyone have code to implant whole blog posts in a Simple Portal block rather than just the titles?

lucas-ruroken

Adk blog is now available for download
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

Snrj

Grammy

Hi,

I have 2.0.11, default theme.  The mod uploaded via the package manager and installed without incident.  However, the redirect never worked.  It just sat there and timed out.  I did see that it was attempting to redirect to ?action=admin;area=blogadmin so I entered this manually into my URL but I just got a white page.  I went ahead and uninstalled it (and that was without incident, as well).  I did see "Blogs" added to the menu, and clicking, of course, produced the error message:  "No blogs have been added" but I would think that I would need to set this up first, which is why I was hoping the redirect to the admin section would work.  (My forum is on a dedicated server, if that's important.)

My other mods are:

Member Notebook
SMF Gallery Lite
Ohara YouTube Embed
Ultimate Profile
Custom Board Icons
SMF Arcade
Dynamic Memberlist

All those installed without incident and forum maintenance is showing no errors.

Is there any use to simply try reinstalling, or can you see an issue that is causing the redirect to fail?  Thanks for any help.    :)

Grammy

Grammy

I guess I'll try to install it manually and see if that will make it work.  Thanks, anyway.   :(

Grammy

I hope it's okay to bump this after 3 days. 

If anyone has this mod installed and the redirect didn't work for them, either, can you please advise how to manually access the setup?  (I'm just not finding it in the admin area and any attempt to access the page the redirect seems to be trying to take me to (?action=admin;area=blogadmin) results in a white page. 

Again, the mod installs via the package manager without error and there are no forum log errors following the installation.

Anyone, at all? 

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Grammy on May 09, 2016, 07:52:51 AM
I hope it's okay to bump this after 3 days. 

If anyone has this mod installed and the redirect didn't work for them, either, can you please advise how to manually access the setup?  (I'm just not finding it in the admin area and any attempt to access the page the redirect seems to be trying to take me to (?action=admin;area=blogadmin) results in a white page. 

Again, the mod installs via the package manager without error and there are no forum log errors following the installation.

Anyone, at all?

@Grammy I've installed recently and has not caused me any problems calmly redirected me to the admin panel www.url.com/index.php?action=admin;area=blogadmin ... Are you sure you have correctly applied? What version of smf you have? What theme are you using?

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Grammy

Quote from: Rock Lee [BC] on May 09, 2016, 02:30:21 PM

@Grammy I've installed recently and has not caused me any problems calmly redirected me to the admin panel www.url.com/index.php?action=admin;area=blogadmin ... Are you sure you have correctly applied? What version of smf you have? What theme are you using?

Regards!

Hi, Rock Lee, and thanks for replying. What I posted originally is below and to that, I would just add that there are no forum errors in my logs and I had no warnings during the installation.  It just simply did not redirect.  Interestingly enough, though, the text from the mod author's redirect.txt did appear on the screen but all the HTML break codes were visible and it just did not look right.  However, even seeing that did not cause a redirect.  When I looked down at the bottom of my browser and saw the link it was trying to redirect to (the same one you posted), I pasted it in my browser and just got a white screen.

QuoteI have 2.0.11, default theme.  The mod uploaded via the package manager and installed without incident.  However, the redirect never worked.  It just sat there and timed out.  I did see that it was attempting to redirect to ?action=admin;area=blogadmin so I entered this manually into my URL but I just got a white page.  I went ahead and uninstalled it (and that was without incident, as well).  I did see "Blogs" added to the menu, and clicking, of course, produced the error message:  "No blogs have been added" but I would think that I would need to set this up first, which is why I was hoping the redirect to the admin section would work.  (My forum is on a dedicated server, if that's important.)

My other mods are:

Member Notebook
SMF Gallery Lite
Ohara YouTube Embed
Ultimate Profile
Custom Board Icons
SMF Arcade
Dynamic Memberlist

All those installed without incident and forum maintenance is showing no errors.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Grammy on May 09, 2016, 05:14:51 PM
Hi, Rock Lee, and thanks for replying. What I posted originally is below and to that, I would just add that there are no forum errors in my logs and I had no warnings during the installation.  It just simply did not redirect.  Interestingly enough, though, the text from the mod author's redirect.txt did appear on the screen but all the HTML break codes were visible and it just did not look right.  However, even seeing that did not cause a redirect.  When I looked down at the bottom of my browser and saw the link it was trying to redirect to (the same one you posted), I pasted it in my browser and just got a white screen.

Ah excuse is that I had not seen besides my English is not so good .... Have some smf forum parallel test to test? Does that leave you uninstall it without problems? ... May be a permissions problem but I doubt layers is something related to the code used and the host, but that's why I ask if you can try it in a clean test furo your host to see if the error persists!

Regards!

Grammy

Quote from: Rock Lee [BC] on May 09, 2016, 05:40:49 PM

Ah excuse is that I had not seen besides my English is not so good .... Have some smf forum parallel test to test? Does that leave you uninstall it without problems? ... May be a permissions problem but I doubt layers is something related to the code used and the host, but that's why I ask if you can try it in a clean test furo your host to see if the error persists!

Regards!

Well....  that's a good idea, Rock Lee.  I have another site I don't use much.  I'll install a clean SMF 2.0.11 forum on it and try the blog mod again.  If it installs and behaves properly, then I think the problem may be another mod interfering.  I'll do that sometime today and let you know.  Thanks for the idea!   :)

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Grammy on May 09, 2016, 05:44:46 PM

Well....  that's a good idea, Rock Lee.  I have another site I don't use much.  I'll install a clean SMF 2.0.11 forum on it and try the blog mod again.  If it installs and behaves properly, then I think the problem may be another mod interfering.  I'll do that sometime today and let you know.  Thanks for the idea!   :)

Great also try to do tests to see if I encounter a problem or something ;)

Regards!

Grammy

Hi, Rock Lee,

I installed a copy on a clean board and, at first, it behaved as before, but I left it sitting there, trying to redirect, while I did some other things and eventually, it did redirect.  I expect that if I do the same on my other board, it will finally redirect.

Right now I'm comparing it to PMXBlog, to see which I prefer.  Currently, logging in as admin and then logging in as a regular member, PMXBlog seems easier to navigate.  Viewing "All Blogs" brings up a sectioned list under the blogger's usernames, with the categories they are working under.  I'm not seeing that in ADK; it basically is looking like just another board.  But I'll add several sample blogs under different test users and see if that sorts it.

Another thing, just looking, is that PMXBlog allows HTML editing, rather than BBC, which is always nice.  But I'll play with this one and give it a chance.

Thanks again for your suggestions!   :)

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Grammy on May 10, 2016, 09:32:53 AM
Hi, Rock Lee,

I installed a copy on a clean board and, at first, it behaved as before, but I left it sitting there, trying to redirect, while I did some other things and eventually, it did redirect.  I expect that if I do the same on my other board, it will finally redirect.

Right now I'm comparing it to PMXBlog, to see which I prefer.  Currently, logging in as admin and then logging in as a regular member, PMXBlog seems easier to navigate.  Viewing "All Blogs" brings up a sectioned list under the blogger's usernames, with the categories they are working under.  I'm not seeing that in ADK; it basically is looking like just another board.  But I'll add several sample blogs under different test users and see if that sorts it.

Another thing, just looking, is that PMXBlog allows HTML editing, rather than BBC, which is always nice.  But I'll play with this one and give it a chance.

Thanks again for your suggestions!   :)

I've tried has not given me any problems host (I tried it on several that I have) also there are several choices and tastes is a matter of taste to see what fits best. It may be for the cache or permits also I am not an expert but if I find something back to answer ;)

Regards!

JerzyLS

I need adk_blog.css

blog/css/adk_blog.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: JerzyLS on May 12, 2016, 02:46:31 PM
I need adk_blog.css

blog/css/adk_blog.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

The mark error has a problem when loading Did you check the directory if this file and if you have the correct permissions?

regards!

ircsi csak volt

Hi!

I installed and then deleted ADK blog .but something screwed up the cancellation because it is still there in the menu bar. :-[
I ask for help to remove it.

Have a nice day!

Ircsi

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: ircsi on July 04, 2016, 07:28:26 AM
Hi!

I installed and then deleted ADK blog .but something screwed up the cancellation because it is still there in the menu bar. :-[
I ask for help to remove it.

Have a nice day!

Ircsi

You should look at the files that modification and watch the parse to eliminate entirely the modification.

Regards!

Advertisement: