News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Catalogue system on my portal

Started by nightyyx, August 18, 2010, 04:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightyyx

I have asked it and at other thread but i think it is better to make on topic for it.
I am using smf 2 rc 3 and simpleportal. I have try also adkportal.

Anyway i want to add at my forum and portal this feature.
A main catalogue on my portal.A specic new category.
I want a table that you can set and have a photo and title of 10 or 20 night clubs that eatch member of forum can click on the name of the club and write a critic.A describtion about how good place was. Next to description a vote mode that the member can put a vote about the parking for club , the place inside etc.

I have and example in my screenshoot.
Any idea how can you set something like this with a mod or?

on second screen how it much looks eatch critic of place:

CapadY

Isn't it a option to use the AEVA-MOD ?
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Jakob Fel

This topic doesn't really belong in 2.x Support. This would get more response in a mod board. With your question, I'm not really sure how to do that, nor can I think of any mods that can really do that. :P Later on in my PHP course, I will have to create a catalog like one for online stores and businesses, but that's a while off. Once I do get to it, I probably will convert it to be a mod for SMF. Sorry I couldn't help more. :P
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

nightyyx

Quote from: capady on August 18, 2010, 05:32:43 PM
Isn't it a option to use the AEVA-MOD ?

never heard about this mod.
i will check.
thanks

Quote from: Jake Deutschland on August 18, 2010, 05:38:12 PM
This topic doesn't really belong in 2.x Support. This would get more response in a mod board. With your question, I'm not really sure how to do that, nor can I think of any mods that can really do that. :P Later on in my PHP course, I will have to create a catalog like one for online stores and businesses, but that's a while off. Once I do get to it, I probably will convert it to be a mod for SMF. Sorry I couldn't help more. :P

Dont ask sorry:) if you do it it will be great:)
How much time you calculate it will takes?
You understand about what critic system i wanted eh?

nightyyx

capady i took a look of aev mod and options of it.
Offers a gallery of photos and the feature to rate eatch photo a member.
But i am not sure that i want something like this.
I mean i cant think how can this mod be usefull for me when i want a category "Night clubs" with 40 stores and a ability the user to can vote 4-5 different variants and write text under the voting.

nightyyx

I have asked it and at other thread but i think it is better to make on topic for it.
I am using smf 2 rc 3 and simpleportal. I tried also adkportal.

Anyway i want to add at my forum and portal this feature.
A main catalogue on my portal.A specic new category.
I want a table that you can set and have a photo and title of 10 or 20 night clubs that eatch member of forum can click on the name of the club and write a critic.A describtion about how good place was. Next to description a vote mode that the member can put a vote about the parking for club , the place inside etc.

I have and example in my screenshoot.
Any idea how can you set something like this with a mod or?

on second screen how it mustlooks eatch critic of place:

Jakob Fel

I don't know how long it will be before I will even get to it, I am having a rough time with the chapter I am in. (It's a book course, so I don't have an actual teacher.) I would say at least a few months, maybe more. I don't know, sorry. :P

nightyyx

oh hehe...good luck with it but i am in hurry:)

Jakob Fel

Thanks. :) Probably by the time I get it finished, it would be already done by someone else, but I'll still convert it to SMF format when it IS finished. :P

nightyyx

i have ask it and at other thread here but better to make it topic.

I want to add at my smf 2.0 rc3 using also the simple portal mod the feature of catalogues.
I want for example to add at the portal page some news. The user will can press "Read more" to read the articles and then if he want to press a link to redirect at a topic for comments/discussion about this article.

At the topic of the comments/discussion the first post will have only one link that will redirect you back to news page.

I dont think it is simpleportal mod question.

Kill Em All

nightyyx, please cease creating multiple topics regarding the same issue now!!!

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

nightyyx

did it 2 times;) one by wrong , the second thought that a second topic explaining better my issue will be better!
sorry:)

Jakob Fel

No disrespect intended Kill, but night IS new to this site, and he understands his mistake.

Kill Em All

Quote from: Jake Deutschland on August 19, 2010, 05:21:35 PM
No disrespect intended Kill, but night IS new to this site, and he understands his mistake.
I have also told him other times in the past and had to merge other topics of his.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Jakob Fel

Oh ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

Tyrsson

It would take a mod, or the modification of an existing mod that does something similar.

You should post in the mod request board or we can move this topic for you.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

nightyyx

i found joomla.
i think that can help me.
I made a thread for some help since i am too new on these stuff...atm uploading setup files on my ftp server
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=397253.0

Kill Em All

nightyyx, did you end up getting this working? How is Joomla working out for you?

nightyyx

Hello
I havent bridge them yet...
But Joomla portal with a review extention that i found did exactly that i wanted.
I believe that SMF 2.0 RC3 can connected to joomla but i havent tried yet anything since i am searching for webhost and propably i will need help for this connection from someone more expert.
So when i ll do if someone is interesting about this i can say it here how is.

xenovanis

I believe there is a sort of bridge by the name of JFusion. I'm not sure it will work with 2.0RC3 though.
http://www.jfusion.org/

I'll mark this solved now. Feel free to mark it unsolved if you have additional questions.  ;)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: