Some members post count in profile and posts have....

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, September 03, 2010, 02:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Some members post count in profile and posts have 1 less that the actual amount of posts.

I noticed this the other day when I saw a post then below the Avatar it said 0 posts, on the actual post, after a refresh, then a maintenance check, errors and recount forum stats, no changes.

No errors in the log, at all, just some user and general errors referring to passwords and some twitter error, not any other errors.

In the posts below the avatar, the post amount is listed -1 post than the actual amount, same in profile view, however, when you click show posts the amount is correct with the post displayed too.

I cant seem to figure this one out...

Information~

SMF version 2 RC3 - Upgraded from RC1.2, along time ago, likely before these members even registered.
Theme, My own custom theme, (issues only recently started though, long after theme was installed, which was before any mods).

*Mods

1.Hide Tag 2.3.6 
2.SimplePortal 2.3.2 
4.Treasury 2.06 
5.Custom Tab 1.2 
6.Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags 1.8 
7.The Rules 1.3 
8.Custom Form Mod 1.6 
9.vNES Integration 2.1
10.Twitter and Facebook Publisher mod 2.4 
11.SMF Arcade 2.5 RC1 
12.Invitation System 1.0.3 
13.Linkbucks (for guests) 0.2 
14.Board Sort Methods RC3.o
15.Restrict Quote 1.0 
16.reCAPTCHA for SMF 0.9.8 
17.Guest Only BBC 0.1 
18.Members Only BBC 0.1 
19.vNES Integration 2.5 

20.Aeva Media 1.4 

Most recent is Aeva Media, then Members BBC and Guest Only BBC, the BBC mods I created myself, I can say that I do not believe that they could cause incorrect post count...

So I'm stomped I cant figure out why this is happening

Crap wrong board, can a mod please move this to SMF 2 support  :o

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

xenovanis

Does this also happen when using the default theme? it must be something that has touched Display.(template).php and not Profile.(template).php.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Whoops, I forgot to mention that I tested with default theme, the same thing happens, but My mods are installed to default as well as my custom theme.
To be honest I cant really say when this started happening, I just noticed someones post saying 0 posts in the avatar area, immediately I knew that was wrong, further checking reveals that this is only effecting some users, which is why I believe it cannot be code related issue, however I have no clue whats going on so I cant really say...

So far, I think maybe their was an error adding to the post count on the 1st message for that member and others effected.

SMF 2.0 RC5

sAce

The "non counted post" , was it on a board where you count posts ?

IceXaos

By any chance is there a section(s) of your board that does not add to post count?  There's a tick box when you are creating each new category/forum.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: S-Ace on September 03, 2010, 03:16:02 PM

Actually I was looking into that right after I made the 1st post, still going through the settings, I will edit or reply here if that's the case..

SMF 2.0 RC5

IceXaos

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on September 03, 2010, 03:44:59 PM
Quote from: S-Ace on September 03, 2010, 03:16:02 PM

Actually I was looking into that right after I made the 1st post, still going through the settings, I will edit or reply here if that's the case..
Well, you said you saw someone with 0 posts that made a post, so if that would be the issue, you already have the category & forum at least part of your issue would be in.  If that's not true, then need to look into some alternative solutions, but I don't think they'll be coming from me, as I can't make sense of it beyond that.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Wow, this is insane, I saw one board where posts do not count (one of the posts from the member with incorrect post count was posted here), I enabled that board now, recounted forum stats again, and the error remains, I really thought it was a silly mistake, I guess not.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Oya

forum stats doesnt recount member posts

i think theres a mod for it

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

If that's the case, it was probably the issue then, well saying that, it would not be an issue, its just counting as its told to.

Now anybody know the fastest way to recount the members posts?
//Checks for mods...

SMF 2.0 RC5

YogiBear

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Same mod I tried..

Thanks for the mod link, I tried that earlier, no good, the profile is reading 3 posts and the actual post count is 4, even after running the maintenance that mod creates.

This is weird...

//checks the database...

SMF 2.0 RC5

Oya

the board that one last post is in... it isnt the recycle board is it and it is definately set to count posts

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Oya on September 03, 2010, 07:45:44 PM
the board that one last post is in... it isnt the recycle board is it and it is definately set to count posts

Not a recycle board and counted, I just changed from not counted to counted, this is not a major problem, not even a minor one really, but just a weird one  :o

SMF 2.0 RC5

IceXaos

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on September 03, 2010, 07:58:35 PM
Quote from: Oya on September 03, 2010, 07:45:44 PM

Not a recycle board and counted, I just changed from not counted to counted, this is not a major problem, not even a minor one really, but just a weird one  :o
Could it be that only new posts will be counted on that board now that you've switched it?  Try modify & save, maybe it'll count it.

Kays

The post count only gets incremented when the post is made. If you do wish to correct it, just go into the member's profile and change it.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

IceXaos

Quote from: Kays on September 03, 2010, 09:28:16 PM
The post count only gets incremented when the post is made. If you do wish to correct it, just go into the member's profile and change it.
My assumption be correct?  This is a call for
  ▲
▲ ▲

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Kays on September 03, 2010, 09:28:16 PM

Well I guess I can do that, I would like to see what caused the issue in the 1st place though. I only noticed it because I saw a members post count at 0 in a post they made in a board that posts are counted, I will never be able to spot the issue for other members unless I see this again, unless I check their posts manually, with 14280 members this would take a long time.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Kays

You did have post count disabled in that board so that's why it happened. Once the post is made there's no recounting the posts should that option be enabled afterwards.

Wow, this is insane, I saw one board where posts do not count (one of the posts from the member with incorrect post count was posted here), I enabled that board now, recounted forum stats again, and the error remains, I really thought it was a silly mistake, I guess not.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

That makes sense, but the recount posts mod didn't work either, weird...

Well, I guess that solves that, a little anyway.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: