News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Converting IPB Login to SMF (But I don't have forum installed)

Started by stebok, August 06, 2010, 07:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stebok

Hi all,

Title may be confusing so I'm going to explain it with more details:

I started a website that uses the IPB 2.2 login system but I don't have the forum installed at all (I deleted it because no one was using it at the time).

I have tables: ibf_members, ibf_members_converge and ibf_sessions . I want to convert all my users to SMF but I don't know how... I can't use the converters because it tells me I need to have the IPB forum installed.

Basically, I just need to convert the IPB pass hash/salt into SMF passhash/salt .. Is there a way to do this or am I screwed? :( I don't want to change all my users' emails and passwords. Oh and I'm using SWF 2.0 RC3 right now, would it be simpler if I use another version of SWF?

Thanks

xenovanis

Do you still have files left from the IPB forum? A configuration file (like Settings.php for SMF) would be sufficient, for as far as I know.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

stebok

Unfortunately, no I don't. There's no files left I just kept the PHP functions & classes that were needed to log the user in and that's about it.

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

stebok

Quote from: xenovanis on August 06, 2010, 08:30:30 PM
Maybe this will help?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=248474.0

Thanks!! that actually helped me a lot, I had to change some lines on the convert.php but it works.

The only "problem" is that when the user first logs in, it doesn't work. On the second attempt, it works... is that normal?

xenovanis

According to this post I think it is. I woulnd't worry about it, unless this happens more than once per user.

Advertisement: