News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Frontpage issue in IE7

Started by akyhne, September 07, 2010, 05:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akyhne

... didn't look like that yesterday.

Kindred

oh, how bizarre....   the issue happens in IE8 as well....   but only when the browser is full-screen. If I go to a window-sized browser, that customize link appears correctly.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Kill Em All

I don't get this problem in IE8.... windowed or full screen.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

dabears

I could only replicate that issue when turning on compatibility mode in IE8. I dislike you greatly for making me use IE btw!

Check if you have the compatibility view enabled. Other than that it looks fine in IE8.

Kill Em All

Oh, yep, there it is. I personally blame Microsoft for not ditching IE and just putting Firefox as the default browser.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Akyhne

LOL you want Microsoft  to use Firefox ::)

dabears

Unless your sitting at a desk within Microsoft then I suppose there is no choice. If your not then there is Firefox, Chrome, Flock, Opera, Safari and tons more.

Anyone using IE should be shot anyway. I only used it when forced too, which is sadly more than I like.
;)

Akyhne

IE is a very nice browser. Don't shoot me!

Kill Em All

To late, sniper kitty is on the case. ;)

Akyhne

I thought I felt something tickling in my neck!

Anyway, I'll keep on using my favorite browser, no matter what people say ;)

Kill Em All

haha, whatever floats your boat. :P

KensonPlays

i use chrome, but am thinking of switching to Opera, as desktop and mobile browser have "opera link" for bookmarks/history...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

bloc

I did include a extra ie7.css to combat that issue..but not sure if the changes was added - or working here lol. Will have a looksie later today after work.

dabears

Most of us hate IE I would imagine. Sadly it remains a fairly popular browser with Firefox coming second and Chrome third I believe in terms of usage.

Take a look at this wikipedia July usage share, shows you IE is still used a lot.

Will not stop me trying to get people to switch though. ;)

Akyhne

Quote from: dabears on September 08, 2010, 08:43:22 AM
Most of us hate IE I would imagine...

...shows you IE is still used a lot.
Then probably most of us don't hate IE ::)

Oya

most people use ie either bceuse its what it installed at their work or beceuse they dont know much diffrnt

Akyhne

That's a pretty stupid comment. IE is a very nice browser. Am I ignorant or dumb because I like IE?!
I've been on the internet since mid 90's and used Netscape as my favorite browser. It was the best there was. Then it was dropped in developement, and IE was really the only real option. I was forced to change and stayed with IE, as for a long time it was the only "fully supported" browser when it comes to homebanking etc.

Then came Mozilla FF after some years and people started using it. I always had it installed, but never liked it much. I didn't really like IE as well, until IE 7 came. It was and is the best browser for me, with the features it has.

Yeah, IE7 has quite a few flaws, like the ability to show some code the way it's expected to, but so does all browsers. None of them works 100% according to the w3 standards.
But overall I like IE better as it has the options I want.

The last 4-5 years I've used FF a lot, not least when designing html pages (I actually use 5 browsers to check compability). I like the Firebug plugin and use it a lot, but then again it's not really part of FF. So as stand-alone browser, IE is still the best for me.

But my choice doesn't make me less better than people using alternatives...

Oya

i didnt say all just that those two factrs are the main reason why ppl use ie but far from the only ones

it works perfectly well for many ppl though just not a version thats not properly supportd since ie8 should be used instead as their are security holes in ie7 as well as 6 that arent gonna be fixde

dabears

I don't think the browser you use says anything about the user itself. It's crazy to judge a person on the browser they are using.

If that's the case then I am a genius! Which I can honestly say I am not.
;)

Advertisement: