Is there a way to allow a member back in after their IP has been banned

Started by chappy59, September 04, 2010, 08:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chappy59

A member that was banned wants back in to the forum but she was banned and her account was deleted.  Is there a way to override that  ?  If not, is there anything else that can be done  ?

thanks,

teresa
~teresa~

"normal" is  a dryer setting.....

Oya

well you can remove the ban

if the account was deleted it can be remade and all the posts reassigned but thats much easier in 2.0 no idea whether your using that though

chappy59

ok, thanks... I'm really ignorant about computer language and capabilities.  Can you walk me through it in a sense  ?   Do I find the ban through the ban list to remove the ban  ?  How do you reassign posts  ?

thanks,

t
~teresa~

Oya

the ban list is in the admin area but i have no idea what version of smf you use so i cant help

chappy59

~teresa~

Oya

hmm well the only way to reassing posts in 1.1.11 is to run lots of queries in phpadmin to fix the tabels since it wa sa feauter added in 2.0 to do taht from the admin panel.

to remove teh ban is easy go to admin / ban list youll see the list of ll the bans currently on the fourm just find the ban you addd for that person tick the box at thee nd and press remove sleected

chappy59

~teresa~

Advertisement: