Problem after un-install Simple Portal

Started by pixeleyes, September 09, 2010, 11:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixeleyes

I just un installed simple portal now got this error

Warning: require_once(/home/mysite/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Portal.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/forum/index.php on line 69

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/mysite/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Portal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/forum/index.php on line 69

How to resolve this problem?

gbsothere

Quote from: pixeleyes on September 09, 2010, 11:43:03 AM
I just un installed simple portal now got this error

Warning: require_once(/home/mysite/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Portal.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/one2one/public_html/forum/index.php on line 69

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/one2one/public_html/forumcomm/Sources/Subs-Portal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/forum/index.php on line 69

How to resolve this problem?

I just answered your other question about whether or not you can install another portal after uninstalling SP and *voila!*  here you are, again.   ;)

What version of SMF, are you using a custom theme and how did you try to uninstall it (manually or with the package manager)?  If with the package manager, did you get any "failed" errors?
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

pixeleyes

SMF V2RC3

I un-installed from Package Manager

gbsothere

Quote from: pixeleyes on September 09, 2010, 11:45:57 AM
SMF V2RC3

I un-installed from Package Manager

Did you get any "failed test" errors, pixeleyes, and are you using a custom theme?
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

pixeleyes

I'm using custom theme and before SP was working fine,

during un-installation got error so I make back up first then un-installed.

gbsothere

Quote from: pixeleyes on September 09, 2010, 11:48:46 AM
I'm using custom theme and before SP was working fine,

during un-installation got error so I make back up first then un-installed.

Do you remember which file you got the "failed test" error on?  Also, can you tell me your theme?  I want to check to see which template and language files it uses.

pixeleyes

index.php  "Test Failed"

I'm using Florencia theme

gbsothere

Quote from: pixeleyes on September 09, 2010, 11:52:33 AM
index.php  "Test Failed"

I'm using Florencia theme

If you'll attach your index.php (from your server) to your next post, I'll take a look at it.

gbsothere

While I'm looking at this, pixeleyes, if you ever placed SimplePortal's edits in Florencia's Display.template.php file, then attach that one as well, (from /Themes/Forencia) and I'll check it, also.  If you never did, don't worry about it.

pixeleyes

Here is index.php file of FLORENCIA THEME.

Regarding Display.template.php i did not change any thing, but if still need to check i can upload.

gbsothere

pixeleyes, there's nothing wrong with the index.php you attached.  Did you pull it from your server and attach it, or is this from your smf zip? 

Also, please switch to Default and tell me if the error is still there.

pixeleyes

index.php I download from direct Server 'from forum directory'

gbsothere

Well, the index.php file from your custom theme only points to the main index.php (on your server) and wouldn't be involved.  Do you still get the error if you switch to Default?

pixeleyes

gbsothere

Quote from: pixeleyes on September 09, 2010, 12:06:54 PM
how to switch to default?

You can just go into your profile to "Look And Layout" and click, next to Current Theme "change" and select SMF Default Theme - Curve.  (You can always change this back, the same way, but first, test to see if the error still appears.)

gbsothere

I've found the issue....  even though none of Simple Portal's edits show up in your index.php, apparently your shoutbox is calling for that Subs-Portal.php file.

Do you still have the shoutbox installed?

pixeleyes

There was another shoutbox installed but that was disabled.

Now I cannot access my site, error occurred which i post in first post,

even I just run repair_settings.php file.

gbsothere

Quote from: pixeleyes on September 09, 2010, 12:18:03 PM
There was another shoutbox installed but that was disabled.

Now I cannot access my site, error occurred which i post in first post,

even I just run repair_settings.php file.

Upload this index.php to your forum's root and see if you can access it.   (It simply has that shoutbox edit removed.)

pixeleyes

gbsothere

Quote from: pixeleyes on September 09, 2010, 12:24:01 PM
Thank you so much! its working now!  :)

Yay, team!    ;)

You should be able to switch back to your custom theme, now, if you like.  If you decide to install any other portal, you just need to make sure that if your custom theme uses any of the files that the mod edits, you manually add those edits.  You do this by going to the mod's page, clicking the button next to the zip you downloaded, setting the pulldown to RC3, clicking Parse and there you will find the files and the edits.  (The package manager only adds edits to default files.)  There is an "install on custom theme option" but you'll have to edit the custom files, anyway.

Good luck with it, pixeleyes!   :)

Advertisement: