News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Installed a mod? Broke your forum? No backup? This might help.

Started by kat, September 12, 2010, 04:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunpoint

I installed a mod, Anti bot mod, but i later deleted it mistakenly, without uninstalling it. now nobody can register. and each time i try to install a new mod for my site it doesn't work please i need your help am new to this. I have two problems please i need your help my fellow members.

Illori

please do not use this thread for support, if you need help please open a thread in the proper board.

notjustok

okay, i just saw the files now, mine is Aeva Media.zip [nofollow], does it mean i should extract it to become a folder, and in which folder should i upload the file into is it the backup folder

Illori

notjustok you have a thread already on your issue you should use it for support to get it resolved, as stated above this thread is not for support.

pqlal789qreo

In fact, it *does* save them for custom themes as well, on 1.1.11 included. Though you're right, I'm not entirely certain they should on 1.1.x... Then again, nothing stops mod makers to make their mod install on any theme of their choice (and include those specific instructions into the mod's package - even though that mostly doesn't happen in practice ), so I guess it makes sense after all.

neyola

Huzzy

Check out my forum by clicking here! or visit
www.dawahforum.com

ArrayInteractive

Phew.... Best feature ever!!

I guess my new forum doesn't like Aeva Media Gallery...  >:(

One question... Now that I have restored sanity to my forum, should I uninstall or delete the broken mod? I'm a bit worried about messing things up again (although at least I have the pre-install back up now - thanks SMF!). Or should I just leave it in place, showing as active?
smf 2.0.2

kat

It'll still be showing in your "installed.list" file, which is inside "Packages",

If you remove the line that show AEVA, it should vanish. Or, just replace it with the one in your backup.

When you say that's it's still active, what do you mean? The button's still showing?

ArrayInteractive

When I go into Package Manager it still shows Aeva Media and I have the option to uninstall, list files, and delete. What I think I should do is run the uninstall (which fails the tests for a bunch of files) and then delete. Just wanted to double check before I mess things up again. I could just leave running as is, but would like to clean up my mess.

I had a look at that install.list file but it doesn't have much in there, just: 1326790205
smf 2.0.2

Illori

if you are running 2.0.* use the attached script to mark the mod as uninstalled.

ArrayInteractive

hmmm... when I tried to run that page I got the following error...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function template_ad_position() in /home/dgo/public_html/phoenix/Sources/Load.php(2151) : eval()'d code on line 187
smf 2.0.2

Illori

that file has nothing to do with the ad template so no idea why you would get that error. disable template eval and see what error you do get.

Admin -> Server Settings -> Disable evaluation of templates
Then post any new error messages without eval in them

Illori

then you should post about that in the ad mods support thread.

kat

Quote from: ArrayInteractive on January 17, 2012, 02:15:42 PMWhat I think I should do is run the uninstall (which fails the tests for a bunch of files) and then delete.

If that was my forum, I'd back everything up, cross my fingers, and do exactly that.

ArrayInteractive

Good call, what I should have done in the first place. All good now... (except for my strange PM issue)

Thanks.
smf 2.0.2

kat

Nine times out of ten, you think "Fook it. I've backed up, so I'm gonna go for it" and it works.

When you do the same and don't backup, you can almost guarantee it'll fook everything up.

I believe it's known as "Finagle's law". ;)

Advertisement: