News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error to Installing Packages

Started by -=[Vyorel]=-, September 12, 2010, 08:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-=[Vyorel]=-

So, receive this error to installing a package:
QuoteYou cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

Why?
My mods for SMF - [6].

Kill Em All

Make sure that the packages directory is CHMOD to 755, all folders should be CHMOD to 755 while all files should be 644.

Also make sure that there is a temp directory in your packages folder CHMOD to 777.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

-=[Vyorel]=-

My mods for SMF - [6].

Sirius OCTeam

hello

sorry to bump this one

but this temp directory isn't part of the default installation of SMF 2.0RC3 ???

Shouldn't be the temp root directory (/home/user/temp) been used in this case instead ?

Because it's not really a good trick to put something on 777

That said, I've used this fix, but the /temp (so inside /Packages) isn't cleaned at all after install of a mod

Kill Em All

No, SMF will temporarily create a temp directory for you upon installation of a mod. That is why it is not in the default installation.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Sirius OCTeam

Quote from: Kill Em All on October 17, 2010, 06:55:29 PM
No, SMF will temporarily create a temp directory for you upon installation of a mod. That is why it is not in the default installation.

Ok so it's not normal that we must creat it by ourselves.
So the temp creation by smf fail ? bug ? (because despite of chmod 777 everywhere, we must create it ourselves)

Kill Em All

Advertisement: