A SimplePortal issue on posting Recent Images.

Started by Fearless Freap, September 14, 2010, 09:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fearless Freap

Hi again,

I have installed the SimplePortal on my website, I've posted this in their forum but received no feedback so I wanted to see if I can find some answers here.

In the block "Recent Image attachment" you can show (x images) that have been recently added to your forum.

The problem I have is that, When I'm logged in, it shows the most recent images added, but when I'm logged out it changes to something posted weeks ago.  How can I reflect the most recent images posted for users and guests?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I am using SMF 2 RC3 - SimplePortal 2.3.2

Thanks,

Steve

xenovanis

Do you have any boards setup with local permissions where guests aren't allowed to see/download attachments?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Fearless Freap

I do have a couple of hidden boards.  But of the boards that are hidden, none of them have pictures.

For example :

I created two boards called : Video, Movies and TV
One is visible to guests, the other to members.

I am using this to demonstrate an incentive to post material to reach a membership level that will allow them access to "bonus" material.

Fearless Freap

OK... Here's what I am experiencing :

As a member, I get to see the most recently posted images regardless if it's a new post or a reply to an existing post.

As a guest, I only get to see the most recently posted image from a new post.

Is there a way to change that?  My concern is that guests will see old posts, and not the new ones and possibly think that there isn't any new activity taking place on the website.

-Steve

xenovanis

It's not about the visibility of the boards, it's about the permissions for guests to view/download attachments. If you have any boards where attachments are posted, but guests are not allowed to view them due to the setting of local board permissions, it won't work.

Admin -> Configuration -> Boards -> Permissions

I can't replicate your theory about attachments in first topics being visible, but not in replies.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: