converter to use

Started by SISPro, September 17, 2010, 12:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SISPro

I am wanting to convert to 2.0.rc3
right now i am running Version 4.0.3

and not sure on how to get this started

Antes

Use latest one - if you have attachments you need to say bye-bye to them :/ still there is a small bug, but try on localhost first :)

SISPro

thank you for the update but that didn't work at all here is what it is telling me.

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: Incorrect database name ''

Antes

Add your SMF User to vBulletin DB

what i mean ?

antes_vb (vb db)
antes_vbu (vb user)
antes_smf (smf db)
antes_smfu (smf user)

you need to add smfu both vB & SMF databases as user (with full permission)

SISPro

okay now i am a  little lost not sure what you mean.

Antes

well , after some researches the best performance happens in same db so use vbulletin db + user for SMF (install) etc...

coldy316

my question is how would the vbulletin database work with smf board as its to differant
types of database.

also do you add both databases to the smf board or just one. If its a clean install of smf the latest version
will the vbulletin database work in smf..
Would you believe it that i live in gods country
Australia

SISPro

now i think i found out how to do it but now i get this error

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /home/dirtypor/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 980

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/dirtypor/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 983

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /home/dirtypor/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 995
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/dirtypor/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 2516

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/dirtypor/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 2517

Notice: Undefined index: db_fetch_assoc in /home/dirtypor/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 1394

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/dirtypor/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 1394

Antes

SISPro

thank you that worked that i can see of

coldy316

after doing the converting i notice a small problem with the packager section it wont let me install mods
it keeps coming up with an error saying i dont have permission. I know its not my host at all.

how would i be able to solve this problem
Would you believe it that i live in gods country
Australia

Nibogo

Quote from: coldy316 on October 23, 2010, 09:27:19 PM
after doing the converting i notice a small problem with the packager section it wont let me install mods
it keeps coming up with an error saying i dont have permission. I know its not my host at all.

how would i be able to solve this problem

That isn't related with the conversion, you should post into the Support Boards.

Advertisement: