News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

If you are interested in developing a Photo Gallery

Started by PopLife, June 27, 2005, 07:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bar

Quote from: HMetal on April 18, 2006, 04:21:17 AM
It really isn't that hard for a PHP developer to create an integrated SMF photo gallery.

Look at my forums at http://www.phofan.com and click the "Gallery" button at the top of my forums.  Every image that is either embedded or attached is present, categorized by user.  Click on a user name and you see his/her embedded/attached images.  Click on an image and you are taken to the post containing the image.

I like how you've integrate the photo gallery within the forum.

How did you do that? Could you post the MOD or could provide us some guide to how to go about doing it.

mikemotorcade

Quote from: bar on April 29, 2006, 07:45:18 PM

How did you do that? Could you post the MOD or could provide us some guide to how to go about doing it.

Yeah, what he said... Share the wealth, man.

jacortina

Quote from: huwnet on April 12, 2006, 10:19:10 AM
Coppermine integrates fine with SMF.

I can control groups/permissions/etc. for Coppermine through SMF Administration?

H

Quote from: jacortina on May 06, 2006, 02:01:02 PM

I can control groups/permissions/etc. for Coppermine through SMF Administration?

Once you have bridged coppermine with SMF through coppermines bridging wizard you can set permissions on the coppermine groups page.

This is explained in detail in the coppermine manual
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

nectere

uhm so is this topic dead then? bummer, I would also like a fully intergrated gallery on my forum and not an add on product made by someone else other than simple machines

mikemotorcade

Quote from: nectere on May 19, 2006, 12:57:13 AM
uhm so is this topic dead then? bummer, I would also like a fully intergrated gallery on my forum and not an add on product made by someone else other than simple machines

Yeah, me too. I don't have any justification for my thinking, but I just don't want to use coppermine. Call me crazy.

P.S.
Dear HMetal: Be a pal and let us know how you did that gallery thing on your website, ok? Thanks a million. We all appreciate your contribution.  :) ;D

kai920

Quote from: tempor on May 01, 2006, 03:05:15 PM
Quote from: bar on April 29, 2006, 07:45:18 PM

Yeah, what he said... Share the wealth, man.

we going to get an answer on this?  that looks perfect...

Phoenixoverlord

It looks like what HMetal did was move the preview image from within the post to the forum view. He must have added an extra column there.

Kettu

Is it so hard to understand that lots of people don't want a gallery board like coppermine? I mean this is a full gallery board, less people need such a complex thing. We only need a way to give users the chance to upload pictures to an included gallery sorted by users and topics and that has the opportunity to control permissions (who can see the pics and who can upload, edit and delete pics).

Edit:
After a long search I found this one: SMF Gallery. It looks fine for the first view.

Edit2:
Well, I don't like it. It is really buggy and there are to many things that are not good for me.
Main Forum: SMF 2.0.6
Co-Forum: SMF 2.0.6

vbgamer45

I am working on a gallery mod as well in my free time. I thinking in the next two to three weeks for first release.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kettu

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 20, 2006, 02:41:42 PM
I am working on a gallery mod as well in my free time. I thinking in the next two to three weeks for first release.
Sounds good :) Can you tell us more about the features, please.
Main Forum: SMF 2.0.6
Co-Forum: SMF 2.0.6

Miraenda

I agree this would be useful.  I could see adding a mod to SMF, but I do not in any way, shape or form need something with the features of Coppermine. I imagine a lot of people would love to have this available.  This isn't to downplay Coppermine at all as it has a great set of features for people who need a full gallery, but it isn't something everyone wants and I am tired of having to mod Mambo/Joomla to get it to have the same skin or look as SMF without also having to do the same for Coppermine frankly.  An SMF mod wouldn't have this issue.

Johno69

It really isn't that hard for a PHP developer to create an integrated SMF photo gallery.

Look at my forums at http://www.phofan.com and click the "Gallery" button at the top of my forums.  Every image that is either embedded or attached is present, categorized by user.  Click on a user name and you see his/her embedded/attached images.  Click on an image and you are taken to the post containing the image.

Really pointless post unless your going to share it with us. It is exactly what I am after too.

kai920

Quote from: Johno69 on July 21, 2006, 06:11:14 AM

Really pointless post unless your going to share it with us. It is exactly what I am after too.

Agreed!

ganryu

Quote from: huwnet on May 06, 2006, 04:00:12 PM
Quote from: jacortina on May 06, 2006, 02:01:02 PM

Once you have bridged coppermine with SMF through coppermines bridging wizard you can set permissions on the coppermine groups page.

This is explained in detail in the coppermine manual

Hi!

Where can I find that "coppermine bridging wizard" ???

Thanks!

^DooM^

In Coppermines admin panel. I suggest you read the coppermine docs.
Never argue with an idiot, they will simply bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

HMetal

Quote from: Phoenixoverlord on June 02, 2006, 04:33:53 AM
It looks like what HMetal did was move the preview image from within the post to the forum view. He must have added an extra column there.

No, I did not.  There is no "preview image" for embedded images yet my mod shows a thumbnail for those also.

This mod generates a completely separate thumbnail image for attachments and otherwise embedded images and also shows those in the user's space in the Gallery [nofollow].

For those asking for this mod, I would gladly provide it but I need help with something..  I need help figuring out the packager and its commands.  Does anyone know where I can find out the complete syntax/command set for the packager?  I did a search but couldn't find anything.
http://www.phofan.com [nofollow] - Photography Fan Community Forums
http://www.pbase.com/hmetal/pad [nofollow] - My Photo-A-Day Project

Bigguy

Advertisement: