Converting from IPB - Error

Started by paulX3, April 12, 2010, 05:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulX3

Hi I am becoming a forum invision 2.1 to smf and I'm trying qui script but I get the following error

Converting...
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Unsuccessful!
This query:
Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '140783' for key 1

Norv

Did you run the converter twice by any chance, for some other reason, and the second time you got this error?

It may help if you empty the messages table, by going to phpmyadmin, select the database, select the smf_messages table (or, if you use another prefix for your tables than "smf", then please choose the table according to the name it has in your database), and run Empty. Please do not drop the table, just empty it. Once you did that, your posts will disappear from SMF. (but that's a new installation, normally you should not care).
Then, run convert again.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Sheepy

Consistently encountering same problem here, and I eventually added an order clause to the script so that the duplicating records can be reliably removed by id.

And I'm on a dedicated machine.  :'(

muramasa

OK!

i solved now this problem.

IPB : 2.3.X Series
SMF : 1.1.X Series

Section 1 :

Pls go to phpmy adminpanel.  -> choose ur database table etc. "test1" and ->look left list , 1 click ibf_members table -> and -> look top menus -> click "operations" button.

ok done is here.?

ok now press repair table button.

well done this tables.

LOOK HERE :

Section 2 :

Pls Download this file (name : ipb23tosmf11_fullworked.rar )

upload ur ftp.

And try again converting operations.( hxxp:yourdomain.com/smf/convert.php [nonactive])

name : ipb23tosmf11_fullworked.rar (attached last on this message)

Result : Woala!

Soory for bad language , only help for smf user...

Invision Power Board 2.3 to SMF Converter
Converting...
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Conversion Complete
Congratulations, the conversion has completed successfully. If you have or had any problems with this converter, or need help using SMF, please feel free to look to us for support.
Please check this box to delete the converter right now for security reasons. (doesn't work on all servers.)

Now that everything is converted over, your SMF installation should have all the posts, boards, and members from the Invision Power Board 2.3 installation.

We hope you had a smooth transition!

Regards.

Advertisement: