Left and right divs (another div problem)

Started by pseudoterminal, June 27, 2005, 10:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pseudoterminal

Hi all (again),

I could have probably stuffed this question into my other question, but I didn't want it to get too crowded in it, so ... I decided to start a new one (sorry if this wasn't the right thing to do).

I have had some luck getting my page to work in Internet Explorer.

The new page is located at http://codernet.net/test2

However, the trouble is (as you can probably already see), the right div goes further down than it should.  I want it to lign up perfectly with the left div.  I can't use absolute positioning because this doesn't work in IE and isn't really appropriate for my document.

Any help on this would be appreciated; I have been working myself almost to tears on this, and I have an extreme headache and a really bad temper over this...I just wish IE would have supported my document the way I had it before. ;)

Thanks for any help.

-pty

Tim

looking at it, you left div is too wide for the float to work, try rendering it a few pixels smaller

pseudoterminal

Quote from: Tim on June 28, 2005, 07:43:14 AM
looking at it, you left div is too wide for the float to work, try rendering it a few pixels smaller

Hi Tim,

I just gave this a try.  Instead of rendering at 387px, I tried 384px and 380px; neither work.  I even tried somewhere around 300px, and the right div still doesn't float right.

However, if I use float: right; for the right menu CSS properties, it goes down even further.

-pty

Tim

have you tried floating the content to the left?

pseudoterminal

Quote from: Tim on June 28, 2005, 09:01:05 AM
have you tried floating the content to the left?

Ah, yes, that works! :)

It works in Firefox and Opera, but I can't seem to get it to work in Internet Explorer.  Do you know of any workarounds that will work in IE?

-pty

Advertisement: