Simple Machines forms as an NPO

Started by Kindred, September 23, 2010, 10:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willemjan

Thanks for clearing Arantor! Good luck to SMF ;)

joey791

Pops a bottle of Cristal for the SMF team

James.

So, this means the development will enter a stream of rapids now, right? That's awesome! Is there any information about whether RC6 is going to be the gold version or not?

I recently installed RC5 for my brother, and it looks like it's quite polished already. I like those high standards, because they warrant the fact that the final version of the software will work without problems. Not quite like the recent development schedules of Opera (the webbrowser), which was fine and somewhat like this until they started development on the 10.x branch. The Final was like a beta in the 9.x era, and was only stable enough to be called a final after 10.1 or 10.5 (don't remember exactly). But I have to say they also sped up the development cycle and the amount of features or enhancements that were added along the way. And now at 11.10, they're quite there I must say. That still doesn't mean they should have released those buggy 10.0 and 11.0 as finals like they did, and I hope they won't in the future.

Powerbob

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

Matthew K.

The answer is quite simple, there won't be an RC6. The next release will be SMF 2.0 Final/Gold.

~DS~

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 28, 2011, 01:17:09 AM
The answer is quite simple, there won't be an RC6. The next release will be SMF 2.0 Final/Gold.
Oh really? Even the unforeseen circumstances?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Never say never - But I'd hope we don't see an RC 6 ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: LexArma on April 28, 2011, 06:14:13 AM
Never say never - But I'd hope we don't see an RC 6 ;)
I think there will be a hacker attack if they don't release 2.0 Gold within 2 weeks... XD
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

kat

Don't give idiots ideas... **Rolls eyes**

Arantor

Maybe this is why you've been DDOS'ed lately?

kat

Bit counter-productive, though, innit?

Arantor

Quote from: K@ on April 28, 2011, 10:13:20 AM
Bit counter-productive, though, innit?

Not really, because if you're not on the forum, you can be coding, or something?

Matthew K.

Coding wasn't the issue holding up SMF 2.0 Final. The legal issues are the main problem.

Arantor

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 28, 2011, 11:51:15 AM
Coding wasn't the issue holding up SMF 2.0 Final. The legal issues are the main problem.

No-one said it was. But there's still a number of bugs that need to be fixed, right?

Matthew K.

The question is, whether those are going to be fixed before the release of final or not. Either way this has been discussed before...

Arantor

Or whether they'll be deferred for 'the next version' like a number already were?

Xarcell

I heard rumors that SMF has a couple of security holes, if it's true, I hope it gets fixed....

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Xarcell on April 28, 2011, 03:01:33 PM
I heard rumors that SMF has a couple of security holes, if it's true, I hope it gets fixed....
Rumors mean nothing, but if you can let us know of some newly discovered weakness somewhere - Please do so.
http://www.simplemachines.org/about/security.php
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

live627

if you use 1.0.4 it's true but I know you're up to date so it's cool

IchBin™

As history has shown, SMF does a pretty good job of fixing any issues that are brought to the attention of the Devs concerning security. I'm not aware of any exploits at this time though and I haven't seen any posts or reports indicating it anywhere else. Where are you hearing the rumors?
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Advertisement: