News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Subject column in Quick reply box

Started by Joker™, September 25, 2010, 10:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker™

We have a quick reply box in the bottom through which we can shout out text in a very efficient and fast manner in the topic, but it doesn't have a subject field. So if a user is intending to change the subject of his reply he has to go to main reply main. So remove this one more click, i just made a little tweak.

To do this open this file (Make backup of file before editing it)
Themes\default\Display.template.php

Find:
<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="', $context['response_prefix'], $context['subject'], '" />

Repalce it with:
<input type="text" name="subject" value="', $context['response_prefix'], $context['subject'], '" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" size="80" maxlength="80" class="input_text" />

And you are done :P.

Here's the screen shot

Already working here (I think you have to get register to see as guests don't have permission to reply to topics).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Oya

can actually shorten it slightly

<input type="text" name="subject" value="', $context['response_prefix'], $context['subject'], '" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" size="80" maxlength="80" class="input_text" />

as in the original there has to be both a response-prefix and a subject so no need to check for either if ur replying since it will have both

Joker™

Quote from: Oya on September 25, 2010, 10:52:32 AM
can actually shorten it slightly

as in the original there has to be both a response-prefix and a subject so no need to check for either if ur replying since it will have both
OP edited , thanks a lot ;).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: Joker™ on September 25, 2010, 10:49:51 AM
Quote from: ahrasis on September 25, 2010, 10:46:58 AM
Nice new idea Joker. I like it.
If you find any bug in it do report here :).
I haven't try it yet but sure, I'll do that.

Joker™

I know this is pretty much off topic, but made a some changes in post page. Each post is separated by a bar which is having post time, icon, post title, and reply number.

will like to hear comments from you guys.

One more thing, if someone click inline moderation button post title can be modified at bar only (like we have in normal circumstances) ;)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

kysangel

Advertisement: