Events calendar

Started by naoko15, September 27, 2010, 06:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naoko15

Hello, I've got SMF 1.1.3 integrated in Joomla 1.0.

I'd like to know if there's a way i can get to show SMF's events calendar in Joomla's frontpage. I've looked everywhere for some kind of mod that can do this with no luck.

Thanks!

xenovanis

You know, that combination of obsolete versions makes you very vulnerable for hacker attacks.

For addition modules for SMF/Joomla, see here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=81152.msg541423#msg541423
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

naoko15

Thanks for your reply! it was very helpful.

I know i should upgrade, but I don't have the time to perform an upgrade right now. I will as soon as i can.

Regards!

Kindred

at one point, I had a joomla module which created the smf calendar. However, there are no more official bridges or modules for SMF/Joomla.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

naoko15

Well, I'm thinking about upgrading Joomla / SMF but I've no idea how to do this, as i have smf's bridge 1.1.7 installed. Should i remove the bridge? or there is some other bridge i should use?

Thanks

xenovanis

For as far as I know newer versions can't be bridged with the version you are using. There's something like jFusion however that will allow you to create some integration with Joomla.

Don't wait to long though. I was in the same position as you and my site got hacked and it was a pain to restore all.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

naoko15

I see...so is it safe to uninstall the SMF bridge or will it mess my DB?

Thanks for your reply

xenovanis

No, it's safe to uninstall. In fact, upgrading your forum with the large upgradepackage would automatically uninstall any mods, including the bridge.

If you're using a custom theme, you'd probably need to remove some code from the header. It's been a long time so I can't really remember  :(

Make a backup anyways.  ;)

naoko15

Ok, i'll try and see how it goes. Thank you so much for the help :)

Kindred

the bridge makes no smf changes....   so, yes... you will need to uninstall the bridge, since it will not work with the current versions of smf or joomla
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: