[Theme] Neptune (SMF 1.0.5 - SMF 1.1RC2 )

Started by bloc, June 29, 2005, 09:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Ok, the problem is that you most likely need to change the Display.template.php in your default theme folder...but its not wise to alter default theme at all, since its fallback theme for all others. ;)

Here is way to do it though:

Copy Display.template.php from default theme over to Neptune folder, and open that instead.Look for this code:

// Show information about the poster of this message.
                echo '
                                <table width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="table-layout: fixed;">
                                        <tr>
                                                <td valign="top" width="16%" rowspan="2" style="overflow: hidden;">
                                                        <b>', $message['member']['link'], '</b>
                                                        <div class="smalltext">';

and change it to:
                // Show information about the poster of this message.
                echo '
                                <table width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="table-layout: fixed;">
                                        <tr>
                                                <td valign="top" width="16%" rowspan="2">
                                                        <b>', $message['member']['link'], '</b>
                                                        <div class="smalltext">';

This way you will change just the Neptune theme, and not mess up the default(which when you update the forum will be overwritten).

ibisa

i am having a problem with ultimate shoutbox...

it shows up on the left bar & shouts show up from my previous theme & they scroll
but

there is no box underneath for sending a shout & the shoutbox admin box doesn't apprear
in the admin section??

also, the buddy list doesn't show up in the profile (just a little period shows up)
& the stat section shows 0 with nothing next to it.

any help would be much appreciated  :)

ibisa

ok for future reference,

i just copied the modifications.english over from the default directory to the neptune directory
& merged it with the one already there.

this remedied my buddy list mod & my shoutbox.

should have thought of this sooner.  ;)

Lillie

Thanks, but that didn't help either I had to edit this bit

// Show avatars, images, etc.?
if (!empty($settings['show_user_images']) && empty($options['show_no_avatars']) && !empty($message['member']['avatar']['image']))
echo '
<div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;">', $message['member']['avatar']['image'], '</div><br />';

and change the div style="overflow: auto" to "overflow: hidden" and that worked ^^,
If you're afraid of the dark, you've never seen what the light can do.

ibisa

sometimes the page will misalign & shift to the right about an inch....

not sure what is causing this...

it does it sometimes when i view the forum as a guest, try to access something i dont have access to, etcc

any help would be much appreciated.

bloc

Quote from: Lillie on August 14, 2005, 03:45:31 AM
Thanks, but that didn't help either I had to edit this bit

// Show avatars, images, etc.?
if (!empty($settings['show_user_images']) && empty($options['show_no_avatars']) && !empty($message['member']['avatar']['image']))
echo '
<div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;">', $message['member']['avatar']['image'], '</div><br />';

and change the div style="overflow: auto" to "overflow: hidden" and that worked ^^,
ah, forgot that one.:) Glad you got it solved.

pushedtomb

what is the font called that is in the top.psd for Simple Machine Forum?

bloc

"Neuropol" , and the one for the Neptune bit is called "Brooklyn Kid".

ibisa

Quote from: ibisa on August 14, 2005, 04:29:02 AM
sometimes the page will misalign & shift to the right about an inch....

not sure what is causing this...

it does it sometimes when i view the forum as a guest, try to access something i dont have access to, etcc

any help would be much appreciated.

was my post invisible?

bloc

No..but I haven't found out whats causing this yet.

ibisa

bloc

:) Thanks.

Yeah, its a major task to learn Photoshop. And the new logo you made works fine - in fact it suits the theme. :)

Elegant John

Excellent theme Bloc....One problem though. The additional sideboxes

I added Google Adsense to one and it worked spledidly putting the code where I wanted it under everything else. Then I got the bright idea to add another sidebox. Bad idea. Now, the radio button "on top" are checked for the Google box and the one below it which is empty. This knocks the Google box to the top of the sidebar. Unchecking and saving has no effect. They come back checked. Any ideas how to solve this problem? Theside boxes were tailor made for Adsense!

bloc

Hm, I need to see this I think. Do you have a link?

Elegant John

Thanks Bloc. The url is http://www.ladiesofnuevolaredo.com

I am sending you admin access in a separate PM

PhatTyres

Sweet Theme,
Im a rookie/clueless php.  Any pointers on making Jack's Phat Calendar Pack work with this theme.
Thanks
OTB and Runnin Down The Hill

SMF 1.0.5  MKp1.0                                Clip'd In Cycling Community

bloc

Is that a Calendar-only mod? If it is, it should work fine, since Neptune don't touch the calendar template at all.

PhatTyres

Dont know if its only calendar.  when you view an event you can see who is gonna attend. (RSVP) that part does not show in neptune event view

bloc

Hm..the mod modify BoardIndex.tempalte, Calendar.template, Display.template, Post.template and Settings.template. Neither is used in Neptune(or modified), so it will just use whats in default theme. It does work fine in default theme then?

PhatTyres

Yes works in default but not in any other temps...that ive tried yet.
Just cruising the post for Jack's Phat Calendar Pack 1.0.4 and look like Kindred's workin on an update later this month.
Preciate the help... I'll ask kindred about additional temp support.
Thanks, if you do find anything lemme know

Advertisement: