News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Email Que not obeying my settings.

Started by kizer, February 23, 2010, 06:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

I have a question about the email que.

Currently I have the following settings.
Maximum emails to send per minute:  1
Maximum amount of emails to send per page load 0

If I sit here and hit F5 to refresh my que so I can watch it click down. Its sending out "5" emails every 1 minutes not "1". I planned on 1x60=60 emails per hour not 5x60=300

My host doesn't allow for more than 100 emails per hour so I thought by upgrading to 2.0 RC2 it would solve my problem. Welp its not. I have nearly 500 members that I've pruned inactive users over the years because of my email per hour limit and I thought this would be the solution. Is there something I can change that is hard coded to obey the 1 per minute or do I need to tinker with the emails per page load settings?
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

kizer

Welp I changed the
1 per minute to 1
and the amount of emails per page load from 0 to 1

Everything appears to be working like I thought it would be working. I'm not sure 100% this is correct or not, but it seems to be working.

Kill Em All

Ok, sounds like you got it working then, some hosts do limit them themselves.

That could of been your problem. Please feel free to mark this as solved by clicking the green button on the bottom left. :)

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

kizer

I contacted them and they said they have it set to 300 per hour and they could raise it to 500 per hour based on my years of service with them and I have established some level of trust with them. Hows that for customer service. ;)

I'm thinking since I didn't have anything set in the per page load the script didn't know what to use per page load and it randomly did what it wanted, which of course violated my 1 per minute.

I adjusted my settings to
2 per minute
1 per page load

Seems to be following what I wanted.

camoura

I having the same problem.

Maximum emails to send per minute:  3
Maximum amount of emails to send per page load 0

Emails are sent 5 at a time and not 3. What gives?

Advertisement: