News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Converting from phpBB3 to SMF - Privileges?

Started by oziboy, July 31, 2010, 06:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oziboy

I have been running a phpBB3 forum, but have decided to convert to SMF 2.0 RC3, but I am stuck with the converter throwing up an error and I haven't a clue how to get myself going again with it. It's probably something easily fixed, but I'm just not sure. I have the phpBB forum up and running still and have uploaded the SMF forum to the same server and have the appropriate MySql database for each. When the converter runs, I get this error, which I think is a privileges issue.

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'xxxxxx_xxxxxxx'@'localhost' for table 'phpbb_users'

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. I was hoping to convert and have the SMF forum up and running today, but that won't happen now.

oziboy

I'm assuming that the phpBB database needs to be set to allow the SMF database to access it. How is this done?

oziboy

I have found a solution to my database problem. Thanks.

filipes

Can some one tell me what is the solution for this?I have the same problem..
thks
filipe

Advertisement: