News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Smf Package Studio

Started by War©hild, October 09, 2010, 12:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Well, the full feature-set that I am kind of going for would be...

Readme Generator - If a readme file is added in Package-info, you can use a BBC Editor to create your readme and then even preview it before finalizing it.
Package-info Generator - Allowing you to generator all possible fields in package-info.xml with multiple installs possible for different versions.
Edits - Find - Add {Before | After}/Replace for any SMF files in 2.0 (Dropdown list for each edit)

Once finished, it would give you a download link for the package itself, or each individual file.

NanoSector

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on December 31, 2010, 02:45:53 PM
Well, the full feature-set that I am kind of going for would be...

Readme Generator - If a readme file is added in Package-info, you can use a BBC Editor to create your readme and then even preview it before finalizing it.
Package-info Generator - Allowing you to generator all possible fields in package-info.xml with multiple installs possible for different versions.
Edits - Find - Add {Before | After}/Replace for any SMF files in 2.0 (Dropdown list for each edit)

Once finished, it would give you a download link for the package itself, or each individual file.
That is somewhat what SMF Mod Creator does.

It seems like much developers are making package makers lately; I'm making a package tester addon for SMFTSM.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Matthew K.

I have SMF Mod Creator, so I know how it works. And there are areas it can be improved, quite a few, actually.

Not that numbers have anything to do with knowledge, but I would say I am fairly knowledgeable, I have written enough mods in my opinion to know what helps and what would help make things go faster, I have a fairly quick process for writing a mod established already anyways. And my hope with the Mod Maker Dev Tool, would be to cut development time for a mod down, by a TON.

DoctorMalboro

grafitus

Quote from: DoctorMalboro on December 31, 2010, 04:22:27 PM
Sleepy already has one...
But it is very simple. It sometimes remain missing.

NanoSector

"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

live627

NanoSector

Quote from: live627 on December 31, 2010, 05:13:08 PM
remain -> returns
??? It sometimes returns but it is missing......

DoctorMalboro

That it gets 404 error, maybe?

grafitus

For example, you can't create project individually. Another, you've not accsess to the Net, SleePy's creator not avalible...

DoctorMalboro

Well, if you have no access to the net you can't also send it or share it...

grafitus

Quote from: DoctorMalboro on January 01, 2011, 09:20:28 AM
Well, if you have no access to the net you can't also send it or share it...
I can do. This is a skill. ;)

Dzonny

When i try to make new project, and when i add detauls, i get error:
Can not create packages path

Matthew K.

That's what I was encountering as well. It'd be nice if the developer would let us know what's going on. I'm very interested in checking it out.
Quote from: Dzonny on January 01, 2011, 11:56:04 AM
When i try to make new project, and when i add detauls, i get error:
Can not create packages path

Advertisement: