[SMF Converter] MyBB 1.6

Started by Nibogo, October 10, 2010, 11:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Char Aznable

Quote from: webdo on September 01, 2011, 11:50:26 PM
Here is the correct, 100% working, file for converting mybb 1.6.x to SMF 2.0
If you have a problem like slash before quotes  ie: dog\'s in boards, Use that queries:
UPDATE smf_boards SET description = REPLACE(description, '\\', '') WHERE description LIKE "%\\\\%";
UPDATE smf_boards SET name = REPLACE(name, '\\', '') WHERE name LIKE "%\\\\%";

If you ever have problems doing this, use this. It will work. Thanks a lot, guys. Great work.

NerdGasm

I'm extremely frustrated at the moment.
I have been wanting to convert my MyBB 1.6 board to SMF 2.0.1.
Thought, neither converter will allow me.
All i keep receiving, even though the files ARE in the correct locations is;

QuoteThis converter was unable to find SMF in the path you specified.
Please double check the path, and that it is already installed there.

Please help in any way possible! I need to get this done as soon as possible.

HolyPhoenix

Hi, I am attempting to get this to work with mybb 1.6.3. 

I had a problem with the birthday, but was able to get past it.  But now I am getting this error:
Converting posts (this may take some time)...
Successful.
Converting polls...The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: id_member

I looked in the smf database for polls and poll votes.  Both had id_member.  Any clues as to where I should head with this?

pcfreak30

Hello, I am trying to convert to SMF for fun to see how it goes. There seems to be an issue with birthdays and the data-type. Not fully sure. I got around it by removing the sql statements, but its still a bug.

Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

Now I am getting

* Converting categories...
Duplicate entry '255' for key 'PRIMARY'

I tried adding

ORDER BY id_cat ASC

to

WHERE type = 'c' ORDER BY id_cat ASC;

But no dice.

I keep resetting the auto increase counter too.

Any help.

Kryten15

Hello,

I've been trying to convert my forum as after a ton of issues from my last host and trying to get all the data I'm finally at the stage where I want to run the conversion tool. Unfortunately it keeps timing out after the initial page where it asks you for the information. It doesn't have a chance to get past step1.

At first I thought it was my firewall so I added some exceptions to see if that helped. It didn't and so I decided to use a USB modem which would bypass the firewall entirely (its built in the the network prior to my PC) but it still had the same problem.

At times it will come back saying that it had a Read Timeout.

Anyone able to help or give any suggestions?

EDIT: And or course, as soon as I post it gets past that part but times out when it pauses to stop it overloading. Now its timing out at the:

convert.php?step=1&substep=1&start=13500

section.

InsaneMustang

I'm getting

Unknown column 'memberName' in 'field list'

nck0099

i m getting this error while converting

[b]Converting...
[/b]
Converting members...Duplicate entry '16777215' for key 'PRIMARY'

alexandreperei

One simple question, i have to delete mybb files before use converter? And sql files?

nck0099

Quote from: alexandreperei on December 27, 2011, 06:39:45 PM
One simple question, i have to delete mybb files before use converter? And sql files?
no

Firari55

Birisi Şu Sistemin En Sağlamını Upload Etsin.

eleweb

:'( i have this mistake

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.6. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'prova_smf'@'localhost' for table 'mybb_users'

what does mean?

Ashley S

iMadness

Quote from: Norv on November 30, 2010, 03:28:36 AM
About:
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

Can you please login in phpmyadmin, and run the following query:

SELECT birthday from [your_mybb_tables_prefix]users;

(please replace with your actual MyBB tables prefix.)

And attach the result here, or send to me in a PM?

Please note that it will display all the birth dates stored in your MyBB database (with no other user data or anything, only birth dates). If you are not comfortable with that, feel free not to.

I just ran a query, by the bottom in the top left.
Here's what I got (Same BDay issue)
http://i.imgur.com/waCHj.png

ThomasJ

I ran into the same BDay issue. Format was 1-1-1970 for all users with no bday explicitly set. Nulled out all bdays to get past that step. However that lead me directly into the next issue:

Converting polls...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (expire_time)
Whoops! Did i break that?

NanoSector

Can you give me an example of a poll's expire_time value?
Probably it's not an UNIX timestamp which is all integer.

If it's something like "1-1-1970" I can do something about it.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

ThomasJ

From the sql

TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}polls;
TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}poll_choices;
TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}log_polls;

---* {$to_prefix}polls
SELECT
        p.pid AS id_poll, SUBSTRING(p.question, 1, 255) AS question, p.closed AS voting_locked,
        t.uid AS id_member,
        IF(p.timeout = 0, 0, p.dateline + p.timeout * 86400) AS expire_time,
        SUBSTRING(t.username, 1, 255) AS poster_name
FROM {$from_prefix}polls AS p
        LEFT JOIN {$from_prefix}threads AS t ON (t.tid = p.tid);

So it's taking timeout and datline coloumns, which are bigint(30) and appear to be unix timestamps. I have no idea why it is failing as the entry's clearly are int's

example dateline

example timeout

Whoops! Did i break that?

eleweb

HI, I'm use the suggerst of page 3 but I continue to have tis error

Converting posts (this may take some time)...The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: modified_name

how to fix it?

serulin

Awesome thread guys, thanks for all the help! Had to go through and find each fix from people and add it to the sql, but in the end it worked! Just successfully converted mybb 1.6.7 to smf 2.0.2!!!

Advertisement: