News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Started by Bulakbol, February 18, 2008, 10:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue-Suit

Ok sotred it thanks!

assafk

Hey
I have SMF 2.0.10
When i install this model i get this error message (attached picture)

The error - File not found
Should i create new file in order to make this mod working?

Please advise

Blue-Suit

Read message 805
I installed this through the package manager, it did not work. I manually installed it from the parse, it did not work.
I followed the link from the post 805 and it worked!
as for the missing css file are you using a child theme!  I noticed that when I created child themes it did not copy certain files over so I just copied the default theme file over to my child themes.

assafk

Hey
What do you mean by "Read message 805"

Can you send me a link?

Thank you very much

Blue-Suit

Here are the code edits that have to be manually added in those files-

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=223656.msg3350732#msg3350732

if you are using a child theme of the default theme then just copy the forum css over to your theme. if you are using another theme then you should chat to the theme designer.

assafk

Wow
looks complicated and risky  :(

Any other options to make this mod working?

Blue-Suit

download notepad++ then go into your folders where the files are open them and save them to your desktop, do the changes which are simply find replace add after add before arguments etc, they may look complicated but once you get your head around them they are not really... if your theme cocks up just copy the saved files back from the desktop to your theme folders and do an uninstall.

As for any other simple way,, no not really unless you can get someone to modify the files for you.

Mayko

Please make it an installable mod . . . please

br360

Unfortunately the mod has no license, so nobody would be able to redistribute this or even package it into an installable mod for your current version.

The only options would really be for someone else to create a brand new mod that does the same thing, or you can try to install it manually with this updated fix- http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=223656.msg3350732#msg3350732

Wiki80

Wrong code avataronboarddb2.php

<?php
{
if (!
defined('SMF'))
   die(
'Hacking attemp...');

global 
$smcFunc$db_prefix;

$request $smcFunc['db_query'](''"
   SHOW COLUMNS FROM 
{$db_prefix}settings
   LIKE 'disable_avatar'"
   array()
   );
$no_upgrade $smcFunc['db_num_rows']($request) > 0;
if (!
$no_upgrade
$smcFunc['db_query'](''"
   INSERT IGNORE 
{$db_prefix}settings
   VALUES ('disable_avatar', '0'),
      ('board_avatar_width', '40'),
      ('board_avatar_height', '0'),
      ('display_childboards', '0')
   "
   array()
   );
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($request);
}

?>

Once installed, it receives:

Database Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'b.id_board, b.name AS board_name, b.description,
CASE WHEN b.redirect != '' T' at line 3
File: /web/htdocs3/smfportalhu/home/www/teszt/Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php
Line: 73

Pipke

Quote from: br360 on February 11, 2016, 05:14:00 PM
Unfortunately the mod has no license, so nobody would be able to redistribute this or even package it into an installable mod for your current version.

The only options would really be for someone else to create a brand new mod that does the same thing, or you can try to install it manually with this updated fix- http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=223656.msg3350732#msg3350732

there is a new mod available who does the job for you Avatars on Board and/or MessageIndex
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

razzy

so, once again i'm just hoping to be posting in the right spot. I'm not sure if this is even the thread for the mod I installed.

Avatars on Board/MessageIndex Mod?
Anyways. It's installed just fine, and is pretty slick. I love it.

Although once a category has been posted in, it shows 'abm' above the who posted last bit. I could try reading through the code to see if I cant find where that bugger is, but I was hoping someone knew about the issue already and could help.

screenshot following.

br360

It looks like this is the mod you installed- https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=544924.0

You should post this same thing on the support topic for that mod

razzy

Thank you, and sorry about the error.

Hero2019

Could someone please update this MOD for RC1?

Thanks in advance.

Arantor

Given that the author hasn't been around for years, that seems unlikely.

Hero2019

Yes, I have unfortunately seen. But maybe it could suit someone else.

Arantor

It would need to be a from scratch rewrite.

Advertisement: