News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

One problem with instalation mod..

Started by rakicko, October 11, 2010, 08:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakicko

Hi i tried to instal this mod Twitter and Facebook Publisher Mod and when i go to phpmyadmin..and then sql..and paste this code
DELETE
FROM {db_prefix}settings
WHERE variable IN ('twitter_icon_twitter_show
they are some instalation problem

Quote#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{db_prefix}settings WHERE variable IN ('twitter_icon_twitter_show')' at line 2

gbsothere

{db_prefix} needs to be your own tables prefix.  For instance, if your tables prefix is smf, then it would be smf_settings, instead of {db_prefix}settings.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

rakicko

i triend  smf_settings,tried (my datebasa name)_smf_setings (my datebasa name)_setings..etc..and i have this error #1046 - No database selected

gbsothere

When you go to phpMyAdmin, are you first selecting your database before running the query?  Also, when using your tables prefix, don't put it in brackets or parentheses, just your prefix.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

rakicko

thanks for that man,i made that stupid misteke..but when i tried to instal at mysite/install.2.x.php i get this error
QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function db_extend() in /home/champion/public_html/install.2.x.php on line 3

gbsothere

I don't know much about this mod.  Are you installing it manually, instead of trying to use your package manager?

rakicko

i tried thro package manager but there was two errors..because i am using a non default theme.and i can see this mod in my admin pannel but i did not run instal

gbsothere

Which files failed the test, in the package manager?

rakicko

i think it was ManageBoards.php 99% i am sure

gbsothere

Try it with the package manager, again, rakicko and, when you get the failed test error, post back and let me know which file(s) failed.

Also tell me the name of your custom theme.

rakicko

Quote*     6.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManageBoards.php     Test failed
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/ManageBoards.php    Test successful
      2.    Add Before    ./Sources/ManageBoards.php    Test failed
so add before is a mistake..and theme is "Outline"

gbsothere

Save the ManageBoards.php file from your server and attach it on your next post, while I take a look at your theme's files.

:)

rakicko

first is after i added a code..secound is before..

gbsothere

Okay, give me just a minute to look at it and I'll see if I can't get it to work in the package manager.  Your custom theme won't give you a problem with this mod.   Back in just a quick minute.

rakicko

ok,thanks..i must to go now..it is a bed time for me ..i will get back n 10 hours.. and i hope you figure out it :)

gbsothere

Well, whenever you decide to finish, here is your file.  Another mod moved the "find" string over and the package manager couldn't locate it.  This one should work, in the package manager.  Just upload it to your forum's Sources folder and try again.

rakicko

i done that..and i when i start instal.2.x.p
get this error"Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_extend() in /home/champion/public_html/install.2.x.php on line 3"

gbsothere

Post your issue on this thread, rakicko and, if you like, provide a link back to this thread for the mod author to view.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1886

rakicko

ok,i dont know to post thread there..but i add a man on skype ..and hope he will help me..thanks for triying and sorry for waisting your time gbsothere

gbsothere

Quote from: rakicko on October 12, 2010, 01:29:26 PM
ok,i dont know to post thread there..but i add a man on skype ..and hope he will help me..thanks for triying and sorry for waisting your time gbsothere

I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong thread.   :D

This is it:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=317943.0

I do see, though, that 2by2 has requested that it be locked, so I'm afraid they'll be no help.

You weren't wasting my time; I only wish I'd been more help.   ;)

If your friend on Skype can't help, post back, and others will weigh in to help sort it.

Advertisement: