News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] vBulletin 4.0

Started by Nibogo, October 13, 2010, 07:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jed11

This is indirectly related to the conversion and I didn't know where to put it...

I merged a SMF forum with a vBulletin and everything appeared ok.  However, when I coverted the new vBulletin forum to SMF the threads are not in chronological order.  Once a post is made to a thread it's bumbed to the top, buy most of the latest threads are at or near the end instead of at the front.  Is there a way to change this?

Also, I'd like to create a links menu at the top of my board similar to the SMF board here where it shows:

Home Community Download Customize Support Online About Contribute Development

Could someone point me in the right direction?

ThorstenE

Merging Boards is often far from perfect, because the unique ID (id_topic, id_msg ..) is not rebuild. this results in unordered topics... maybe this modification can help (have not checked myself):
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1677

the menu:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2564

Jed11

Man that menu mod worked perfectly!  Thanks!

The other mod for the ordering of topics is good for smf 2.0 RC1, but no mention of RC4.  It alters the default ordering or smf.  I want to keep the default ordering - I just need a way to rebuild the unique ID based on the date of the last post.  Appears such a creature doesn't exist?

tulie

Quote from: Jed11 on January 02, 2011, 06:18:21 PM
Well, another followup post is due here... as posted above I had success performing a complete conversion on my test site so today I went in head first for the real thing.  My actual application was a little more complicated... I first merged a database from a smf 2.0 RC2 to my VB 4.1.0 using the Impex system with Vbulletin.  Everything migrated as it should - so my next step was to convert the two merged boards as a VB 4.1.0 to a smf 2.0 RC4. 

I got the following error:

QuoteRecalculating forum statistics... Duplicate key name 'ip_index'

A google search brought me to another one of your posts TE... addressing it here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=242961.msg2867944#msg2867944

I replaced the code as instructed and the coversion was flawless.  All issues with attachments passing from VB4 to SMF and all password problems were resolved.

I've attached the convert.php and the vbulletin4_to_smf.sql with all the changes in case it may benefit someone else.  The only thing you need to remember in addition to the attached two files is to be sure and alter your /Sources/LogInOut.php file as TE explains in this thread.

Thanks again for all the help on this.

Hi,

Can I use the attached file for a successful conversion of VB to SMF with password conversion as well? or do I have to create a test user and go through the whole process you've highlighted again?

Thank you.

ThorstenE

lisandro

i have install smf 1.1.12 withe new database
and download convert form http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1-12_vbulletin_converter.zip

I have this problem when i specify a password.
I think I've identified the correct password.
How do I fix this?.
thanks
sorry for my English

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect database name ''

ThorstenE

lisandro, that converter is the wrong one (AFAIK that version is for vBulletin 2.0 or older). the 4.0 converter is attached to the first post from this topic, unfortunately only for SMF 2.0.

lisandro

Quote from: TE on January 28, 2011, 12:39:45 PM
lisandro, that converter is the wrong one (AFAIK that version is for vBulletin 2.0 or older). the 4.0 converter is attached to the first post from this topic, unfortunately only for SMF 2.0.

thanks,but I still have a problem after pressing continue button.
QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function loadDatabase() in /home/xxx/domains/xxx.com/public_html/convert.php on line 414

ThorstenE

I'm not 100% sure but related to the error message I suspect you're using the 2.0 converter from this topic and your SMF version is 1.1.12? you need to install SMF 2.0 first.

lisandro

i need install SMF 2.0 ? . 1.1 is not compatibility ?

ThorstenE

the converter from this topic is a 2.0 version, working only with SMF 2.0 (RC4) as your destination forum. A vBuelletin 4.x to 1.1.12 converter is AFAIK not available, sorry.

Zero13

Hi, I can not move from this point .. I've tried in the hosting, locally and even with version 3.7 of vBulletin to SMF converter.

I appreciate any ideas or input.  :-\
Thank you very much!

vBulletin 4.0 to SMF Converter
My vBulletin version: 4.1.1
My SMF version: 2.0 RC4

Converting...
Converting topics...
Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_member)

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Zero13

Hi, I'm not replying earlier, continues to fail at the same point, to convert messages / post :(

Thank TE, I tested these new scripts .. and I've tried both the hosting and in local .. and nothing

Converting topics...
Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_member)

Zero13

Beacher

Thanks to all ;) i'm another vbulletin that convert to smf ;)

program5

When I switched to Vbulletin 4 , there was no possibility to recover passwords, and avatars.
Today, I 'm back to SMF , with no password - attachment - avatar problems.
Thank You TE and thank You Jed11

SMF is the best software , proven once again !

Note : a direct upgrade attempt to rc5 will fail.
Convert to rc3 first. Then upgrade.

iobit

Hello,
works for vb  4.1.x SMF 2 Rc5?
thanks

Antes

Advertisement: