News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] vBulletin 4.0

Started by Nibogo, October 13, 2010, 07:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Factor

Thanks for all the work on this converter.  Worked well except for attachment s so far.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=534203.msg3796587#msg3796587

Brent Dacus
Thanks,

Brent Dacus

Reading and learning still at 46..

bubus66

Hey What's the problem that can not be converted?

margarett

Don't worry about that, the conversion ran successfully (for the part that matters).
Now go to your SMF converted forum and try to login with your admin user (maybe you need to reset your password). After you login, make sure you run the maintenance tasks "recount totals" and "find and fix errors". That will perform the tasks that failed at the end of the conversion ;)

Don't forget to remove the converter files too ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bubus66

Thank you said you did it and now I ran into this error

margarett

Sorry I don't understand. Why are you running the converter again? It did ran successfully the first time (and I don't know why that error triggers now, if it's the same setup)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

GL700Wing

Just discovered this converter does not work with SMF 2.0.14 - following errors in first step:
[22-May-2017 11:09:10 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: mysqli_result::$EOF in ~/convert.php on line 2732
[22-May-2017 11:09:10 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: mysqli_result::$Fields in ~/convert.php on line 2736
[22-May-2017 11:09:10 UTC] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in ~/convert.php on line 2737
[22-May-2017 11:09:10 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method mysqli_result::MoveNext() in ~/convert.php on line 2742

Uninstalled SMF 2.0.14 update and the converter works perfectly again with SMF 2.0.13
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Macabreo

Thank you for tool. Works great.

Dzonny

Hello there.

Can you double-check if the mysql user for your forum has permissions to access the vBulletin database? As far as I'm aware databases should not be merged, it should work fine for you like it is now

twitch1

That was part of the problem, thank you!

NCDiesel

Trying to convert a vbulletin 4.2  board to SMF 2.0.14.   Both forum's software installations are on the same machine, both databases are on the same database server, both forums work fine individually(the SMF board is empty but works).  I have one single database user on the database server and it had full admin privileges for both databases.   Trying to convert I get this error:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: Incorrect database name ''

I get this error at the top of the page:

Notice: Undefined variable: dbname in /home/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/forum/convert.php(452) : eval()'d code on line 1

(the "XXX"s were added by me for privacy)

Researching this error here in the SMF community shows lots of mentions of this error but very little in the way of fixes.  It appears that the convertor is not finding or reading the config.php file in the vbulletin installation, but there is nothing definitive that I can see.

Any ideas?

NCDiesel

A late night session fixed this.

1 - I used the "I only have a database backup of vbulletin" method.  This seemed more simple and direct.
2 - Someone posted a mildly different version of the convertor on this board.  https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=535265.20.  Using this I got farther.
3 - Then I was required to do a little php programming to comment out the massaging of some return values that were erroring out and seemed to be unnecessary(see functions like convert_fetch_assoc).  Errors were specific to the use of EOF and Fields attributes.  These are using some techniques that seem to be deprecated or have at least changed using php 7.1.  I simply changed the routines(2 or 3 of them) to return the result unmolested.  This was was a total and complete hack so I wont post what I did. Someone who understands them better should post a fix.

Anyways, board converted fine after this!  I have all my images, users, etc and I have yet to find anything wrong or wonky.

MisterVertigo

My apologies for posting in an old thread, but I'm currently testing converting a vBulletin 4.2.1 to SMF. I've had to try a few times, but just about everything appears to be working (or appears to anyway) except for just a few small things.

First, I have an issue with the polls on my threads. For some reason, the first letter of each poll option is missing. So instead of three options of "Yes, No, Maybe" I get "es, o, aybe" The results appear to be OK, just the labels. It's REALLY strange.

Second, I have an issue with escaped characters like single and double quotes. Each of our members have an admin-set custom title that they cannot change. It's their first and last name, and if they have a nickname, it's in double-quotes in between. For example, John "Nickname" Doe. However, it appears as John \"Nickname\" Doe after the conversion. I can go into the Member account and manually enter the value and it shows up perfectly. The same thing happens in Poll choices, with words like "Can't" showing up as "Can\'t".

Third, we have a post template that we use on our current forums that creates an HTML table (like a form) in a post using BB code. When I look at a converted thread the post shows all of the BB code instead of actually converting it. If I edit the post without making any changes, and then save again, the post looks normal with the BB code being converted to HTML.

None of these are real deal-breakers, but it sure would be great if I had a way to convert these items properly. Has anyone else ran into any issues like these? Thank you all in advance!

FF|Skyrider

Trying to convert vB 4.2.5 to the latest SMF.. it's stuck at "converting members" though.. it's like it's not doing anything.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

cnkrc

Hello,

Just downloaded 4.0 converter for SMF 2.0.17. First 5 steps completed; however I got 'converting topic... unsuccessful!':
SELECT
t.threadid AS id_topic, t.forumid AS id_board, t.sticky AS is_sticky,
t.pollid AS id_poll, t.views AS num_views, t.postuserid AS id_member_started,
CASE WHEN (ISNULL(ul.userid) OR TRIM(ul.userid) = '') THEN 0 ELSE ul.userid END AS id_member_updated,
t.replycount AS num_replies,
IF(t.open, 0, 1) AS locked, MIN(p.postid) AS id_first_msg,
MAX(p.postid) AS id_last_msg
FROM `muziktek_vb428`.thread AS t
INNER JOIN `muziktek_vb428`.post AS p ON (p.threadid = t.threadid)
LEFT JOIN `muziktek_vb428`.user AS ul ON (ul.username = t.lastposter)
GROUP BY t.threadid
HAVING id_first_msg != 0
AND id_last_msg != 0
LIMIT 0, 500;
Caused the error:

Do you have any solution or suggestion?

vbgamer45

Quick fix if you have access to your mysql config such as my.cnf or my.ini is to set
sql_mode =""
Then restart MySQL
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

bubus66

Hi I want to ask for a little help.

I wanted to convert VBulliten 4.2.3 to SMF 2.17. I get the error shown in the picture.

Thanks in advance.

vbgamer45

Are you using the latest convert.php from the the SMF site from convertors?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: