News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[rc3]Avatar dimensions/upload from PC problems

Started by shawn16, October 14, 2010, 02:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawn16

Hello again, i want to know is there anyway to open on the avatar dimensions without leaving a scroll bar for it causing it to appear on threads and on profile  Example:

Well tried uploading an avatar from my PC it says it accepted it and all but the avatar doesn't appear

Help me here please :P

Thanks!

YogiBear

Hi shawn,

Try adjusting the avatar sizes in your admin section. I find 140x260 pixels works without problem.

When you say you can't see your avatar do you mean you get a red x in your profile section? If so, I believe this is a bug with RC3 - simply navigate away from that page then back again - or click Refresh - and you'll find it is there.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

shawn16

YogiBear

My next thought is whether the avatar is being rejected due to its being too large or have the wrong file extension. Would it be possible for you to attach a screenshot of your avatar settings page?

shawn16

i can give you a test account :) if u want me to pm you

YogiBear

Hey shawn, I'm very flattered you offer that but only a member of the official support team should ever have admin access. Hang on in there, buddy, someone will be along soon.  :)

shawn16

o i see, well  thanks for your previous replies man :) i'll wait

xenovanis

Hi shawn, sorry for the late reply. Do you still need help with this?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: