Add download section to my forum

Started by nedkas, October 14, 2010, 01:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedkas

Hello dears..

I want to to add above near home  - profile - my message - members -  logout a bottum download to go to download section where i can upload files and download.

I have seen much forum that have this option , i thank if anyone here can show me step by step how can i do it.

thanks very much for this wonderful comunity..

best regards

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

nedkas

Thanks Xenovanis for your great help . i have installed download system 1.3.4.4 succesfully and i have download settings in my administration panel but i can not see the download bottun and i can not install download file because in reed.txt i have :

Uninstall completly the 1.1 RC2 modification coz this is the 1.1 RC3 installation
This is not an upgrade !!

This version works only in the default theme if ya use another theme ya have
manual edit your index.template.php for your download button !!

to give access to the downloads
go to permissions --> membergroup --> can view downloads turn on/off

This mod is mostly based on Simple download mod from nesian styles
but when i looked into the simplemachines mod section i saw that it
was not yet converted to 1.1 RC2/RC3 Forum Software.

Languages supported now english and dutch.

So how can i install it to see the download bottun in the forum..? i use another theme , not the default and i attach the index.template .php of my theme .

best regards

mashby

Give this one a whirl. I followed the parsing directions on that mod to do this. I bet you could have tried it too as there were a few other mods already in there.
:)
Let us know how it goes.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

nedkas

Thanks so much Mashby for your help , i have installed the index that you sent me and it works 100 %..

My best regards friend. ;)

nedkas

Thanks so much friends for your help .

I have installed the index template to obtain Download button and all is ok but the ground of the files to download is very dark and is dificult to see the files . the files are in a white text . can anybody change me the background of download section to white and letters in black.. ???  ?

I attach here index.templete

best regards

nedkas

Here is how it is seen the section of download . it is very dark and letters of files are not seen

mashby

Can you provide a link to your site? And are guests allowed to view downloads?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: