News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Colors and Icons

Started by Bulakbol, April 13, 2009, 05:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulakbol

Link to Mod

Author: Bulakbol   Mod Name: Colors And Icons   Version: 1.0
Tested: Freshly installed SMF 2.0 RC1

Colors And Icons

• This modification will change the text color of topic through message icons.
  • It will also change the color of subject of the first message in the message view. Apply color to all replies is optional.
  • For Example: lamp.gif will change the color of your topic to red, xx.gif use the standard color etc.
  • If colors are not applied to all replies, then only moderators and administrators are allowed to change any message icon.
  • To add or change the colors assigned for each icon, go to Admin => Smileys And Message => Edit Message Icons => Modify. Make sure that the "Enable customized message icons" in Admin => Smileys And Message => Settings is enabled (ticked).
  • This mod can be configured by navigating to Admin => Posts and Topics => Topic Settings, "Disable colors for icons" and "Do not apply colors to replies in message view" check boxes.

April 14, 2009
Updated. Now supports SMF version 1.1.8

April 15, 2009
Upgraded to version 1.1 - added colors in the drop-down menu.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Marcus Forsberg

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hi Bulakbol,

Its a great concept .
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Bulakbol

Thanks edi67, Nas and A.SK for the compliment. Thanks too for trying or using this mod.  8)

I updated the package today. It will now support SMF version 1.1.8.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

[unplugged]

Another great mod, Bulakbol! (Flawless install on a seriously heavy modded site.)

Thanks!
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Bulakbol

Thanks Sunking. It's like colorizing topics but in different way. :)

Neverhurry

Hello Bulakbol ,

I want to use this mod very much, but after installation it doesn't work. What i need is to change the color of the subject, is your mod for this purpose?
can you please help me?
thank you,

I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

Bulakbol

@neverhurry
All you have to do is go to Admin => Smileys and Message Icon and then click on modify link, and then select a color for that icon. When you post, select that icon and it will use the color assigned for that icon.

Neverhurry

Quote from: Bulakbol on April 25, 2009, 11:17:33 PM
@neverhurry
All you have to do is go to Admin => Smileys and Message Icon and then click on modify link, and then select a color for that icon. When you post, select that icon and it will use the color assigned for that icon.

Thank you, but i didn't find any 'modifly link', nor anywhere where i can select  a color for that icon. can you help?
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

Bulakbol

QuoteMake sure that the "Enable customized message icons" in Admin => Smileys And Message => Settings is enabled (ticked).

olow1983

is this work on 1.9 ?

edit : ok i install but nothing happens :( seems not work  on 1.9

Bulakbol

olow1983
I can't help you because I don't know the problem.

JeremyB.

olow93

No it doesn't work on 1.1.9 as it says in this post:
QuoteUpdated. Now supports SMF version 1.1.8
"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

olow1983

can u make this for 1.9 ? plz

JeremyB.

olow if I can get permission from Bulakbol I can do it for you.
"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

Bulakbol

Quote from: JeremyB. on July 14, 2009, 03:41:12 AM
olow93

No it doesn't work on 1.1.9 as it says in this post:
QuoteUpdated. Now supports SMF version 1.1.8

It didn't say 1.1.9 is not supported. It said 1.1.8 is now supported because 1.1.9 was not out yet when I updated this mod. If you can help olow1983, I'd appreciate it.

@olow1983
You should read the description of the mod before you install so you'll know what to do to make  it work.

gvalfer

hello ppl...

someone help me?
I wanted to do a more column of icons in my forum, to understand better see the screens:
is   possible?  help me please

thanks  :)

elforoof

Hello i installed it and it looks great but i disabled the color for icons and no even the administrartos can make a topic in colors, and i enable it but every one can use the colors.
how can i make only the administrator use colors?
Thank you

Advertisement: