News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Quick Translation

Started by Bugo, October 17, 2010, 12:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eudemon

Quote from: nend on November 18, 2010, 10:44:36 AM
Quote from: Eudemon369 on November 14, 2010, 02:18:36 PM
Quote from: Bugo on November 14, 2010, 01:03:04 AM
Google Language API has limits...
got it, hoping they do some improvement there

These limits been set for this API for years now. They have made it higher from the old limitations, but still not high enough for some stuff. You can use a different technique with the API to get little chunks at a time but last time I tried to do this a few months back this technique was very sluggish.

I haven't really look at this mod yet, but some possibilities though if your submitting it via the URL you may be reaching the maximum URL length, if not the case then your hitting the api's maximum length. ;)
yeah, i think they should make the limit higher
a threat with less than 200 words and no image allow is not really a threat anymore  :P

MissyNL

this would be a very nice mod for me, since i want to go international at some point and my site is now in dutch... However... couldnt you also add an option that it is only visable when the user is not using the standard language on the site?

Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

Bugo

If any site has no other languages? Only one?

MissyNL

I do not follow you.... My proposal is: If a user has set the language different then the forum standard... then they see the option to translate... Even better would be if the user can enable or disable it... since some maybe know the standard language, but are more comfortible reading the standard functions of the site in it's own language...
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

Joazo

How can I change the button location?

Bugo

Joazo

Bugo

In Display.template.php. But I'm not interested, so think yourself.

Quote from: MissyNL on December 21, 2010, 04:24:03 PM
I do not follow you.... My proposal is: If a user has set the language different then the forum standard... then they see the option to translate... Even better would be if the user can enable or disable it... since some maybe know the standard language, but are more comfortible reading the standard functions of the site in it's own language...
I'm still busy with other projects.

Bugo

@Joaso, what about a right alignment? I have made it in new version. And u can always change position of button with the help css.

Joazo

@Bugo

Would be great!

Where can I get the new version?

Bugo

Morph_nkgc

Quote from: cordesh on November 17, 2010, 04:35:32 PM
I have the Problem, that the Button only shows up to my own Posts that i can Edit.

I cant Translate Posts from other Users. Only if i Login as Admin.

Is this a Bug ?
Hi Bugo,
I have the same problem, i Use SMF 1.1.12 with a theme made by me;
The installer works.
Can you help me?

Bugo

Try find in Display.template.php this line:
<div class="post"', $message['can_modify'] ? ' id="msg_' . $message['id'] . '"' : '', '>', $message['body'], '</div>
and replace with:
<div class="post" id="msg_' . $message['id'] . '">', $message['body'], '</div>

I'll add it in a future version.

impreza

An interesting add-on, works ok
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Morph_nkgc

eureka, it works!  ;D
Thank you very much for your help and so quick!
I think i'll repack the mod with this correction for my forum, so if i will need to uninstall it in future i'll have no problem.
Is it ok?
Thank you again for your wonderful works

Bugo

ben sisko

hi Bugo,

i just  installed it with no problems. but all i get is this image

SMF 2.0 RC4

Bugo

Try these files (replace original).

ben sisko

no good. the result is the same.  :(

Bugo